• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hmmm... a "free" range?

shibiwan

There are two old air force sight-in butts (see below) about 700 yds from my shop.... pretty tempting to walk out there and see if they're in good enough shape to shoot in. Question is... will I get myself into trouble for shooting there? LOL   >:D

butts2.jpg

Edited by shibiwan

One way to find out.  Depending on the results, I'll start with your Facepalms...  <lmao>

Nut up and shoot it.  <dontknow>

It's close enough to your shop that you should be able to sprint back before local LEOs arrive.  I condone your chances...  <dontknow> :banana:

1. This is the edge of the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.

2. The "emergency response center" for the airport shares the same street as my shop. That means, the po-po, fire, even DHS (CBP), ail within 1/2 mile. 

3. I can no longer sprint for more than 200 yards before I pass out.

hmmm

Edited by shibiwan

1. This is the edge of the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.

2. The "emergency response center" for the airport shares the same street as my shop. That means, the po-po, fire, even DHS (CBP), ail within 1/2 mile. 

3. I can no longer sprint for more than 200 yards before I pass out.

hmmm

This was YOUR recon.  Those tiny tidbits of info would have been helpful in your first post, not some follow-up post.  Based on what you've presented NOW, I can only come to one conclusion.  Well, maybe two conclusions, here.

1.  You need to be FAST.

2.  If you can no longer sprint for more than 200 yards, then you definitely need to start working out before you decide to shoot the "Range,"  Bro, you gotta get faster.  Or, your range dreams are just that - dreams.

If I were you, I'd start listening for calls to those local agencies - they're so close, you should hear them rolling out.  Based on that, when you hear them rolling out, you need to sprint out of your shop and TRY TO RACE THEM. 

No $hit, try to race those trucks, every time you hear them called out.  Hold on now, there's some truth in my posting...

If you do this "training regimen" everytime those trucks roll out, one day you'll be at the point that you BEAT THEM...  YOU WILL BE FASTER THAN (BOTH) THOSE TRUCKS, AND THEIR CALL TIMES!!!~! 

THAT right there will be the "Lance Armstrong" of incident response.  Minus the blood=doping, of course (you can hit that if you want  - achieve your goal faster, I guess).

When you hit that point, Brother Shib, you should shoot that range.  I'm not kidding.  Nobody would be able to prove it's you anyway, with the outrunning of the response.  You're safe then, man!  GET IT!!!  :banana:

Shooting anywhere near an airport can't result with a favorable outcome.Just my 2 mags.

That was my thoughts too. :D

IMG_8914.JPG

That's the crap ideas I get when working at the shop on weekends where it's all deserted. :D

Pissed off enough at the machinery... might as well pack it up and go home.

Edited by shibiwan

Look on the bright side, if the cops shoot him, there will be rioting in the streets.  Especially after the liberal media posts high school pictures of him in his uniform wearing that dress.  

There is nothing wrong with that by the way.  It is a 1st amendment right.  Just want to make that clear.

Edited by StainTrain

I don't know how far off that building is, but I'm picturing about 200~250 at most. 

I don't know what the camera angle is, but if my ass was sitting right there, I'd call 175 to the mouth of that building.

That thing might be a hell of alot bigger than it looks in the pic, and be alot more setback, but I'm not seeing it.

175.  Shot out.