• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The big twin finally is mine!

bubbasks

Well today went decent enough. As much as I hoped I was wrong the scope is done. It came off the 50 and I suspected it was skipping zero but thought it might just only be on the biggun. My bore sight was close and I was on target second shot. Ammo is PPU 145gr BT. Moved to this target and first three shots in the bull. Fourth shoots way low. Figured I didnt put the same weight into the rifle. Fifth goes left....ok wtf. Maybe I jerked but not THAT much. 6th goes down and right. Ok new target. Im all over the place. 4 inch spreads. Next target I shoot fgmm 168. Not even on paper. Adjust zero on paper just to group. 4 out of 6 are off paper and the 2 that land are inches apart. pack up and call it quits. Scope is going to Bushnell, old trusty BSA is on for tomorrow. And Nikon M308 is ordered. But them first 3 shots of PPU look promising.

20140927_153606_zpsas9rjlps.jpg

What Bushnell Elite model?

I had been running a 4200 2.5 x 10 on my AR-10 for nearly 1,000 rounds and had good performance with it once I bought a solid mount. Moved it to a AR-15 with an 18 in target barrel so I'm looking for a new scope with a mil dot type reticle for the AR-10.

I had planned on sticking with Bushnell Elite.........maybe I better take a closer look at the M308.........

• 4 weeks later...

Well finally after 2 scopes I was feelin like the rifle would need to be sent back. Said fk it and put the steiner from the lr on it for last try. Started out as bad as ever. This is ppu 145 that shoots moa ish in my lr.

20141026_131256_zpsfnqc1ydm.jpg

Almost packed up and went home but figured ide try some of the different ammo I had brought. Hated my primary hunting reloads with 150gr hornady interlock. Then my 165 game king load. Hey thats not too shabby. Then on to the 168 fgmm. Awesome thats do able. Lower left is FGMM and circled is SGK.

2014-10-26-15-12-05_zpszli5nood.png

Seems this 1/10 twist hates all the small stuff my 1/12 loves. Need to load up som 175 smk next then work on a 165 hunting load for this specific rifle. Looks like ill be keepin the rifle. Oh and heres a pic I took bc I was bored waiting for people to clear the range.

20141026_122904_zpsvhwxp6kz.jpg