Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98Z5V

Specialist
  • Posts

    39,698
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 98Z5V

  1. Someone else is pushing them, brother - recently, too. Rainier has them in stock, right now. These are the new ones: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3402#arpartsfinder.com
  2. Uh huh. Fucked up, didn't ya?... Serves ya right - that's "Karma," brother. <thumbsup>
  3. ^^^ Just like the officer's carbine. My dad has one of those, and asked me if I'd like to have it, eventually. Sad discussion, but I did tell him yes.
  4. I read his post on that, and my head almost exploded. MaDuce, go load a 90gr (Berger VLD, cause they're the only ones that make it) into a mag-length round. Unpossible. Can you shoot one through an AR15? Sure, but it's single-shot only, hand-loaded only. Fit one of those long bastards into a case, with a reliable load, stuff it into a mag, and show me a picture of said action. There are some 75gr projos that wont fit into an AR15 mag. You can make some 80gr specialty bullets fit, if you really do your homework. Sierra Matchking 77gr HPBTs are about the max you're EVER gonna get, and that's EVER. If a more reliable, deadly load was EVER gonna be developed, the .mil brothers would have figured it out a LONG time ago. If you want the baddest load you can replicate, then go after a load that replicates Mk262 ammo, either Mod 0, or Mod 1. I had nothing but MK262 loaded in mags in 2003, for an M4A1 carbine. If you want a nastier load than that, then try to replicate the 70gr "brown tip optimized" load issued to SOCOM now. It's a Barnes 70gr TSX projo loaded into NATO cases. By the way Barnes quit producing those for commercial purchase based on BATFE guidelines on "armor piercing" ammunition. Good luck finding some, though.
  5. I'm pondering it, just because - it would be the badass-edness on my 300BLK. No doubt. That is one sweet matched set. I'm also pondering some other things, and that's the kinda poop that also is the reason I don't have an MRAD already... I'm so confused... :cookoo: :help:
  6. Yes, there is a new company running them, and putting them out again.
  7. I've been highly successful smackin' 'em. Did a great winter warfare rotation in Alaska in 1996, part of that 3-month festivity was living in a snowcave for a week. I went undefeated against the rabbits, but some of the other guys sucked at smacking them. They loved the base of trees - just walk downhill, slowly approach a tree, and there's one in there... WHACK!
  8. Product description says it was an exclusive annodize process in six separate steps. If it's annodized, it'll be tough enough.
  9. That almost makes me want to drop the Mega parts on my 300 BLK, and use this instead!
  10. DAMN!!!
  11. Club the furry little FDE bastards. Or snare them. If you sneak up on them, on a hill, they'll face downhill and freeze - WHACK!
  12. THAT is a nice lookin' Scout, brother! You don't always have to do what the instigators are trying to get you to do - they're bad. Bad. Instead of a little angel on one shoulder, and a little devil on the other... these guys are a whole pack of little devils, standing on your back...
  13. That's the feel of money, falling out of your pocket...
  14. Edited - not even worth it...
  15. PRI. Damn them. They got more of my money tonight...
  16. Edited - not even worth it...
  17. I'm good like that, brother...
  18. Uuuuuh, carefully?... She might still be in delivery-delerium - better grab it fast, before that fades...
  19. Hey brother, have you seen the new PWS T3 Summit variant yet? It's damn sweet, man. Damn sweet. They have a GREAT selection of goodies, too: http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=26
  20. That seems very, very odd coming from Armalite. Very. YHM's website only shows two diameters for 5/8x24 threading, .920" and .720", but you can have it stainless or black. Four possibilities, when you include color. This would be easy to determine for your barrel, with a tape measure - it's either close to 3/4", or it's bigger than that. With that, you can order the smaller, or larger, YHM thread protector.
  21. Fcuk a deer in the neck.
  22. gs, good old FIrebird Raceway. Next time you're heading up there, let me know - I'd love to show up and watch you run that beast.
  23. 98Z5V

    Grip Porn

    Joe Perkins, at Outlaw Grips, brother. http://www.outlawgrips.com/
  24. 98Z5V

    Meteorite

    You shallow man...
  25. I can chalk up that same body-count tonight, buddy...
×
×
  • Create New...