• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

down east Carolina...

Dale

Sneads Ferry to be exact, the intersection of New River and the Intercoastal Water Way... retired Teamster, ride motorcycles, fish and chase rich widow women...

doing a little trapping this year, first time in 50 years... gonna try to snag a bobcat...

been fooling with the black guns for a couple years now and was thinking about a heavier gun...  AR 15's mostly and was thinking about a 300 blackout, but decided if I was gonna get a 30cal I may as well go all the  way,,,

picked up an Armalite AR10 and a bunch of magazines all loaded with some sort of OTM bullets/ammo... got a 16" barrel and a collapsible stock also and an extra recoil spring... this thing has a 24" barrel on it so I think I'm gonna keep the A2 stock on it now, but thinking on having the barrel shortened to 22" and lighten up the hand guard... so far it looks to be a good site, think I may hang out a while...  Dale...

No. You may finally be retired. But you'll ALWAYS be a sheetmetal worker.

that explains your hearing <lmao>

Tinner til I die,you got that right brother.Hearing is overrated >:D

Next - you need to get a 300 BLK.

I follow all these threads brother and for me I have .223/5.56 for the low end of high power then there is .308/7.62.For a little more gas in the tank there is 30-06.For me that covers the bases till I get that .300 WinMag Ar just cause I can.To be honest as much as I love the AR platform,if I could just have 1 rifle it would be a Garand.The simlicity of design and the horsepower to boot.Just my 2 mags.Those that have the 300 blk have some very cool rifles. :))

Edited by unforgiven

wow... that was some sort of welcome... I am somewhat of a bull$hitter,  and I see I have a bunch of company here...  <thumbsup>  at any rate there are some of these points I'd like to address... 

seems to be a few from Arizona?... anyone near Herford?... I've got a bud lives there that I'll be visiting in the spring...

RSquared... are you affiliated with Armalite?...  that's just what I need is to pass an enabler while I'm traveling to PA...

Matt.Cross...  long range shooting?... I wish... had a spot to shoot right at 215 yards, but it's been shut down to us... have one range that has 200 yards, that's it... I've got a bud that has farm land up north a bit, 3 hours, that I can go and shoot distance... have to bring all my stuff with but it beats a kick in the knutes...

shibiwan...  although I do have a lonely lower in the safe, since the acquisition of the AR10 a blackout would be a step back... thinking maybe a 22lr upper just as an expensive toy... huh isn't that a redundant statement... got a safe full of'em...

unforgiven...  I don't consider myself a collector of firearms, a few mod 37 Winchesters is about it... as for heavy calibers, I have a T/C Encore set up with a 280AI, 375 H&H and a 45/70 barrel...

if I could only have one rifle, oh my so many things to consider... if I'd be stuck in the western hemisphere, it'd probably be the AR10, although a bit light for the largest bears, it would work well for everything else... if I was a world traveler, it would have to be a CZ safari grade in 375 H&H... oh well we can all have our dreams and fantasies... B)

seems to be a few from Arizona?... anyone near Herford?... I've got a bud lives there that I'll be visiting in the spring...

We dominate this place, hands down.  Both in quality content and member numbers...  <lmao>

I was in Sierra Vista for years, but I'm closer to the center of the state now.  There are some people here that are very close to Hereford.  You'll need to let us know when you'll be making that trip, and we'll set up a shoot close by.  Not many places to shoot down there now, with all the illegals-bull$hit, closures, BLM crackdowns (on idiots that can't respect land), etc.  Sierra Vista Shooting Range gets you steel targets out to 575 yards.  Jon, Greg and I have shot at a place not far away that can get you out to 1,200 yards, if you so choose. 

We'll set something up, and travel in when you're in the area.  You might be so freaked out by the hospitailty that you'll buy land in the area and move for good...  That might seem funny, but it's currently happening to another guy here...  <laughs>

RSquared... are you affiliated with Armalite?...  that's just what I need is to pass an enabler while I'm traveling to PA...

Nope. My only affiliation with Armalite is the number of their products that I have. <laughs> Just a fan. As far as the enabling part, the other guys tagged that name on me. For reasons, of course, that I don't know why. <lmao>

98z... I'll be on the MC so the only thing I may be packing is a pistol... the fellow I'll be visiting with is a retired military man who's had a rather interesting career, so maybe we can all get together...  when I rolled out of the frozen northlands I considered AZ briefly, but it's way to far from the ocean...  I spent a lot of time in AZ when I was still out on the trucks, so I am familiar with the hospitality...

Rsquared...  was hoping I'd found a source for parts and accessories... where are you located?... I lived in Forest Hill for a couple years after my house burned in PA...  enabler, sounds like sheer jealousy over your innate knowledge of all things good...  8)   hey and if they can't take a joke, my response would be...  :fawkdance:

98z... I'll be on the MC so the only thing I may be packing is a pistol... the fellow I'll be visiting with is a retired military man who's had a rather interesting career, so maybe we can all get together...

Depending on when he retired, and from what unit, I might know him already.  I retired out of Huachuca in '07.  <thumbsup>