• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cheap Humvee anyone???

shepp

^^^  That, and they don't meet safety standards established by all those agencies.  No side impact protection test results, no test on front end crumple zone bull$hit, yada, yada, yada.

They were never tested for any of that BS, because they never had to meet those standards.  You know, those standards that save us all every single day...  :soap:

Shepp - Here you go:

http://www.100dollarman.com/trucks.html

All for sale and if I remember correctly street legal.  Somewhere around 5,500 bucks.

Arnold had a Hummer H1 also created by AM General. 

These things have to meet some sort of NHSTA/DOT regulations.  They are driven on public roads daily or at least around here.  From CPEN to 29 Palms, to Yuma, etc. 

These things have to meet some sort of NHSTA/DOT regulations.  They are driven on public roads daily or at least around here.  From CPEN to 29 Palms, to Yuma, etc. 

Brother, no military vehicle has to meet any civilian vehicle safety standards at any time - even to be driven on public roads.  The only thing that the military has to abide with are speed limits and traffic laws, and HAZMAT standards.  Convoy placards are just a courtesy to civilians.  <thumbsup>

Militarily, I could drive a big truck with air brakes, as long as I got militarily licensed.  I could drive that on public roads, too.  As a civilian, if I drive a truck with air brakes, I have to have a CDL.  That's just one example.

Fuk, militarily, I had to get licensed on a fucking chainsaw.  No $hit.  Don't have to do THAT stupid one as a civilian...  <lmao>

Edited by 98Z5V

Militarily, I could drive a big truck with air brakes, as long as I got militarily licensed.  I could drive that on public roads, too.  As a civilian, if I drive a truck with air brakes, I have to have a CDL.  That's just one example.

I believe the CDL for air brakes is only if you are using the vehicle for commercial purposes or if it is over the Class 7 weight limit.

Where da fuk is that opinionated moto-cop?!

Shepp - Here you go:

http://www.100dollarman.com/trucks.html

All for sale and if I remember correctly street legal. Somewhere around 5,500 bucks.

Arnold had a Hummer H1 also created by AM General.

These things have to meet some sort of NHSTA/DOT regulations. They are driven on public roads daily or at least around here. From CPEN to 29 Palms, to Yuma, etc.

I just glanced at the link for now but there's a place in Oshkosh that sells a lot of stuff like that I think due to all the military contracts with pierce/Oshkosh truck

Where da fuk is that opinionated moto-cop?!

I've been looking into this since it first posted.

In California... I can't speak for all those backwards states you inbreeders come from... As long as the vehicle is wheeled, has a VIN, and had all the required lighting/safety/emission equipment, it should be able to be registered.

I have a friend (retired highway patrol) who owns a shiit ton of mil veh's just for collecting. From Willys to Half Tracks. I've been trying to contact him for answers, but he moved off the grid after retirement.

Bet it's do able in MI and AZ I know a few guys who had street legal XR50's in MI reg as mopeds. And I'm sure 98 knows better than I but can't you or couldn't you at one time get a street able plate for quads in AZ??

Robo I find it hard to belive a guy who collets military equipment went off the grid after retiring ;) lol

You can practically make anything street legal in AZ. As long as it passes the sniffer it's good to go. That's why I was driving around in CA with AZ plates when I was living in norcal.

(uh oh, now robo's gonna be on the lookout for me next time I'm in norcal)

Edited by shibiwan

only need sniffer in Phx and tuc. why so many fast cars are reg. in sierra vista or green valley

Because many people don't know how to fool the sniffer. With OBD-2 it became a whole lot easier since they only check the codes and skip the sniffer altogether

Edited by shibiwan