• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

M1 grand

shepp

The seller doesn't appear well informed either. There's no info to make an informed judgement.. Manufacturer? SN? Barrel stamp, date, Throat and breech condition? Trigger to stock lockup? "Correct" or mixmaster? Etc. Caveat emptor.

Oh yeah, in the title... it's Garand.

Edited by mineralman55

The seller doesn't appear well informed either. There's no info to make an informed judgement.. Manufacturer? SN? Barrel stamp, date, Throat and breech condition? Trigger to stock lockup? "Correct" or mixmaster? Etc. Caveat emptor.

Oh yeah, in the title... it's Garand.

Some people have asked him some of those questions and he's really not answered other than some serial #. I've got no clue what I should be looking for, this is like the 4th time he's posted it in a few weeks I'm thinking he's getting desperate.

And sorry for the miss spelling

Edited by shepp

Some of the CMP Garands are mixed parts.Mine is HRA with a Springfield trigger group.The only reason I won't do anything to the one I have is because of the date on the barrel.It shoots that all that matters to me.And it can use it in a sanction match as that was what it was used for by seller and dad.Get the rifle and tweek it if you want.New barrel's are not expensive.Fulton Armory and Orion will tune the rifle to whatever you want,or spend 2K for a new rifle from Fulton Armory or Orion.I been spending money on gifts for myself and the family but I would really like another.Go for it brother Neal <thumbsup>

The ser.# can be looked up for when it was made . I'm not sure ,but I thought the CMP rifles were unissued , but I could be wrong . Mine is a Springfield Armory with TRW IHC Bolt & was made in December of 1943.

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/mildateslookup.php?file=us_m1grndsp.dat

Edited by survivalshop

The ser.# can be looked up for when it was made . I'm not sure ,but I thought the CMP rifles were unissued , but I could be wrong . Mine is a Springfield Armory with TRW Bolt & was made in December of 1943.

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/mildateslookup.php?file=us_m1grndsp.dat

If it's truly unissued, then it will be in the CMP auction site and go for >$5000. These are usually well used rifles w/ mixed manufacturers' parts. $1050 is too much unless seller can provide details that it is "correct" (all parts from same manufacturer and similar time period.) Offer him $675 and go from there.

I'm pretty sure TRW did not make bolts for the Garand, only the M14/M1A.

Edited by mineralman55

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the CMP Garands are mixed parts.Mine is HRA with a Springfield trigger group.The only reason I won't do anything to the one I have is because of the date on the barrel.It shoots that all that matters to me.And it can use it in a sanction match as that was what it was used for by seller and dad.Get the rifle and tweek it if you want.New barrel's are not expensive.Fulton Armory and Orion will tune the rifle to whatever you want,or spend 2K for a new rifle from Fulton Armory or Orion.I been spending money on gifts for myself and the family but I would really like another.Go for it brother Neal <thumbsup>

I have two, both Springfields. One is a Service Grade and one Correct Grade. The Service is a 1944 barreled mixmaster not a bad shooter. the Correct is from 1954 and is a great shooter. I purchased both of these from CMP North. Looks like you guys might want to take a trip to CMP South in Anniston, Alabama. service grades are still around for 500-600 range. I got my Correct at 925.00 but they are long gone.