Superbowl Saturday Shoot !

MikedaddyH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45-70 Challenge is happening anyway - but that thing won't set off Tannerite.  Too slow on the projo.

I've got some $hit planned for the 45-70...  picked up another 50 rounds of new unprimed Hornady brass tonight after work.  Chamfered the inner case, tossed them in the tumbler, and they're all primed now.  They'll get powder/projo tomorrow night.  <thumbsup>

Shouldn't be - it's unlisted, but not private.  With the direct link here, you should be able to view it.

Don't know how the damn thing turned itself to Private, but it did.  I just fixed it, and it's "unlisted" - should be able to watch the shoulder-pain...  <lmao>

Edited by 98Z5V

Only took a couple rifles out there, and was only there for about 1.5 hours.  Just needed to get the sights set on that damn 45-70.  Here's the hardware:

P1020484_zpskugk5icn.jpg

P1020485_zps2usyr6bx.jpg

P1020486_zpsxqusjwia.jpg

Set up paper zero targets at 50 yards, just to see where this was at on paper.  When I put the sights on, I guessed at elevation , and centered up the windage - I was thinking I'd be close.  I shot two, and Jake couldn't find them on paper...  I was thinking this was gonna be a long day...  Walked out there, and both were in the black.  50 yards, done.  Had the steel swinger out at 100 already, so I held center and sent one - knocked the damn target over.  It blew the steel target out of the hooks and everything hit the ground - even with rocks stacked on the legs.  Never had any hot .30-caliber do that...  <laughs>

Went down and set everything back up, in order to keep shooting.  At 100, holding center, it hit the lower 1/3 on the target.  I'll take that.

P1020487_zpsibprhqmk.jpg

It's pretty easy to see which impact is the 45-70.  No doubting that mark...

P1020489_zpspeatjm8c.jpg

With everything set back up, I resumed shooting.  Hit that bastard again, and the whole target came apart again.  Back downrange...  When I got down there, it was a dead-center hit.  This load was 2 for 2 in knocking the damn target over, and I was very happy with the point of impact, so I just brought the target back to the truck.  Done shooting...  Or so I thought...

Decided to load it up again, and start shooting at large rocks at distance.  This is how I found out how much drop I had at 300 yards.  I was holding over until I got that large rock, too.  At 500 yards, it's pretty impressive how much dirt flies.  Like Jon said earlier, this thing isn't shooting bullets - it's flinging ingots...  <lmao>  At 500, the drop had to be about 10 feet.  It was nuts.

This is the newest beachmaster sling, right here - this one is going on Sexual Chocolate.  I'll pick up mounting hardware tomorrow and get pics up Tuesday.

P1020495_zpsy1mqpswa.jpg

P1020496_zpsjngzicg5.jpg

Enjoy, men!  Can't wait until next weekend...  >:D

This is for those that might doubt whether I dead-centered that bastard the second time...  We'll just remove all doubt right now...  <lmao> 

P1020500_zpsxmkn3qsz.jpg

P1020501_zpskc1bziep.jpg

Had 5 more rounds in the Ruger GSR mag, so I had Jake shoot two offhand, with sling, Primary Arms 3MOA red dot - target was the section of zero targets at 50 yards.  He shot two, and I shot the other three.  I hope I had the ones that were closer to center, or I put two lower left, then jerked another one...  <laughs>

P1020499_zps83rh0lmv.jpg

No mud at my location - the shoot location.  Smooth sailing all the way to the mountain base. 

I'm going anyway.  Jake and I will shoot, and send you lazy bastards some videos.

Mike, you in, brother?  I was going to ask one of you guys to bring a table (I only have one), but I guess that won't matter.

You're welcome over here anytime brother.  We'd shoot if you come over, just because it would be crazy not to - but you don't have to just come over for a shoot.  <thumbsup>

Looks like I gotta take the 45-70 Challenge all on my own in the morning. I'll get it on video.  Multiple-steel-target engagements.