• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Boots

Robocop1051

I'm telling you guys, Lowa boots are the sheeeit.  <thumbsup>

You're killing me!

The Lowa's are beautiful items, made with the same Swiss precision as SIG rifles and Breitling watches.

And a price tag to match.

But they are NOT made in China!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• NorthFace - Wow! These felt like sex! Of course the only pair they had looked like I'd only be having gay sex. What man wears neon green hiking boots?

Anything north face screams I'm up for butt sex.....on the plus side atleast they'd be high vis for the on the moto

Green hiking boots:

(1) Celebrate St. PATTY DAY on the trail without getting pinched?

(2) Hiding Easter eggs in the grass without scaring the bunny rabbits?

Anything north face screams I'm up for butt sex.....on the plus side atleast they'd be high vis for the on the moto

I have a pair of Danner "Arcaidia" for almost 30 yrs. they have been resoled and now are my scooter boots.Unfortunately they now have some of thier lines made out of country.From my reading the big dogs use Lowa without issue.For work I use Thourgoods flat sole w/composite toe.They also resole well,here it's $ 60.00 for resole.But concrete eats them up sole,no heel makes them less of a tripper on the job.On snow or mud they are slippery.I go wide size for orthodics.

I've been a Danner fan since a bad customer service experience turned me off from Red Wing in the early 90's. I always get the Danner Rainforests, which are still Union made in the USA. Those are overkill for street shoes though. Danner has Arcadias and Pronghorns which are lighter. I have always been happy with their customer service.  

• 3 months later...

Ps agree on the UA stuff I like it too pricey but getting a good product. I was really surprised to see they were only 119$ for the boots that's what got my attention.

I've got a thermal underwear set from them cost my 120$ for the top bottom pair, after almost fucking my self working up a sweat last winter and them whacking away all the moisture their worth their weight in gold

I may pass on them reviews aren't great, I normally don't get turned off by bad reviews because most people expect a ton outta a little, but 3 guys said their soles fell off in 6-8 months

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/ua-valsetz-stealth/pid1250234#BVRRContainer

Edited by shepp

My brother-in-law has a shoe shop, said the UA boots were made of high tech materials like the clothing but isn't holding up to hard use....

But then he is having a hard time finding any brand in that category that holds up,said the usual quality brands are slipping.

Sorry I am late to the thread...been making ice cream all day.  The UA are light and comfortable and if you aren't going to run, ruck or do lots of rapid directional changes, you should be fine.

That being said....with a couple more bucks you can get these and they are robust. I wore these for over a year and took them with me through one helluva punishing course in March.....still holding up, still loving them.  

http://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Mens-Comet-3D-Hiking/dp/B003X28IJ2

I don't care what the brand is. I'm lucky if I get a year out of any boot. Mainly cause I wear them every day (7 days a week).

Oh, and I prefer Blackhawks. To me, the most comfortable boot I've found right out of the box. But, unfortunately, (shocker) they're not made here.

Edited by Rsquared

I don't care what the brand is. I'm lucky if I get a year out of any boot. Mainly cause I wear them every day (7 days a week).

Oh, and I prefer Blackhawks. To me, the most comfortable boot I've found right out of the box. But, unfortunately, (shocker) they're not made here.

R2 I would assume being we're both in the "HVAC" field we'd be looking for about the same thing. I to get about a year outta a pair of boots also, walking 3-5 miles a day in them. I like the "patrol" style boot because they're so much more comfortable to walk in.

For the most parts these bates have been good, I guess I just saw the UA name and price and those oh I bet those are nice boots. From the reviews and UA's response to them they look like they stand behind their product. But it sounds like they need to work on durability instead of just sending out another pair of shitty boots

Sierra Trading Post is worth a look at for boots and many other things as well.

They have Northface,Lowa, Merrells, LaSportiva, Asolo, Vasque, all kinds of good stuff.

2 things though,

First, sign up for there dealflyer and you will get codes to use (on top of already on sale items) in your email.

Second, never pay for shipping. Leave the item in the cart overnight. The next day you will get an email that says something like....you have items in your cart buy now and get free shipping.

Lots of carhart gear on there as well.

R2 I would assume being we're both in the "HVAC" field we'd be looking for about the same thing. I to get about a year outta a pair of boots also, walking 3-5 miles a day in them. I like the "patrol" style boot because they're so much more comfortable to walk in.

For the most parts these bates have been good, I guess I just saw the UA name and price and those oh I bet those are nice boots. From the reviews and UA's response to them they look like they stand behind their product. But it sounds like they need to work on durability instead of just sending out another pair of shitty boots

I'm with you Shepp. Lots of mileage on a daily basis. And I've rotated (over the years) through just about all of the brands of patrol boots. I don't think any of them have made it past a year. But, as I said, I'm pretty hard on them since they're all that I wear. Hell, I don't even own a pair of sneakers.