• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

School me on bufferless upper assemblies

EasyEJL

I just worry that those full size caliber uppers will wreck havoc on a printed lower. I know the poly lowers had a hard enough time as it was.

Hmmmmm... valid point. Not sure how well that would do. I'd offer to mill one for him (to 80% of course) except I sold my CNC just 3 weeks ago. :(

Edited by AdamO

Olympic Arms pistol cal ARs have full BCGs, and use buffers and buffer springs in the buttstock.  They are blowback operated, and don't use gas systems.  They do have a very unique ejection system.  Ask me how I know.

The Olympic Arms OA-93 is a different animal altogether, and it's piston-driven.

44f0197a747fe11a28d03b7bd7941cb5.jpg

Olympic Arms pistol cal ARs have full BCGs, and use buffers and buffer springs in the buttstock.  They are blowback operated, and don't use gas systems.  They do have a very unique ejection system.  Ask me how I know.

The Olympic Arms OA-93 is a different animal altogether, and it's piston-driven.

Piston with return spring wrapped around it for returning the BCG back into Battery .