• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hunting Texas Style

NTXshooter

Lease is just West of Seymour, Texas.  Saturday must have been perfect weather for snakes.  I talked to a couple of other people and between the three of us we killed 5 snakes.  That one measured 3' long and about 3" in diameter.  Thankfully he was nice enough to rattle so I could freak out  :eek: and jump back before he coiled to strike .  Then I let him have it :auto: .  Good thing I had made a trip to the latreen earlier or I would have had to change my shorts.

Edited by NTXshooter

NTX Shooter

it looks like your hunting lease may be getting some rain ground looks awfully. dry in your photo.

I was in the area on weekend of 4/24-25 east of Seymour near Mankins for my High School reunion

They had good thunder storms from I-20 to Wichita Falls. Sunday the Brazos was running full South of Mineral Wells.

• 2 months later...

Doc, My lease is actually less than 10 miles east of Rhineland on the Brazos.  I don't think anybody drives through there without a purpose.

Robo, I'll have to remember the sauce next time.  Never tried rattlesnake before.

Is that South  of Vera on US 82? and North of Munday?  I was raised in that area East in Wichita County near Lake Kemp and Lake Diversion. That is not too far SW from Waggoner 3 D ranch.

North of Munday.  My lease is off of  FM 2534.

I have no good reason to get out there from the end of Turkey season until September when it's time to get the feeders going again.  Just about everything there either stings, sticks or bites you.

North of Munday. My lease is off of FM 2534.

I have no good reason to get out there from the end of Turkey season until September when it's time to get the feeders going again. Just about everything there either stings, sticks or bites you.

Sounds like up where I deer hunt in northern WI, if the tricks don't suck you dry the Mosquitos will then the black flies will finish you off!!! And around my buddies cabin there are these fishing spiders the size of a coffee can, I fukk'n hate spiders they make me scream like a little girl!!

You've never eaten the hotdogs sold in the parking lot after a Raider game. It's amazing that 4 hours of Jack Daniels can't even mask the flavor... it's even more amazing that you start to like them, and crave them in the off season.

Luck would have it... the same little Mexican lady, with the same little homemade grill... also makes nuclear dog at the Athletics and Giants games.