Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Rifle: LWRCi REPR w/20 inch barrel

Cal: 7.62mmx51mm

Optic: Weaver/Midway 3-10x44, Mil-Dot Reticle

Ammo: FGMM 168gr SMK

WX: 50 degrees, Sunny, Full Value wind -  15 MPH gusting to 25 MPH, 27% Rel Humidity, 29.85 Bar. Pres.

Elevation: 1200 FT ASL

Range: 200 yds

IMAG0037.jpg

Notes: Wind played hell with my group. Initally dialed in 1/2 mil of left adjustment. Shots left of center reflect dying wind. The 2 shots at 6 o'clock are from the barrel heating up - they were shots 6 and 7 in the string; Elevated 1.0 mil to compensate.

Outstanding session brother JM,200 yards with wind. <thumbsup>

Dude, out here on the plains, your wind call is crucial. Prior to PCSing out here, I thought I was pretty good at reading the wind. Texhoma showed me I had a lot left to learn. But it's made me a much better shooter.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got a target to post up on the LR308B. Shot this one today, 14 shots prone @ 100 yards with wind gusts up to 40 MPH from my 7-8 o'clock. Ammo was Tula 150 gr. from Wal Mart, and scope is zeroed for 2" high at 100 yrds. I didn't think it was too bad for the conditions and the cheap ammo. I'll try it again with some good ammo when the wind dies down around here, probably around June! :P

post-1361-136297273612_thumb.jpg

Got out yesterday for some 308 shooting. First time since adding the ssa-e and a few other things. Brought about 8 different types of hunting/match ammo to see how it groups.

100 yards on sandbags, leupold 3-9 scope on 7x (too little eye relief on 8x or 9x)

4mph cross wind for most the time, no gust over 10mph, settled down a bit towards the end.

10 shots fairly rapid (as fast as I could re-acquire sight picture, wasn't trying to shoot fast or slow) of each type at 1 target. Shoot ten, change the target, shoot ten of the next type, etc.

No scope adjustments between shots or groups.

SU1HMDExNDctMjAxMjAzMDMtMTUwMy5qcGc.jpg

[img width=810 height=607]http://s1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/Timinem_photos/SU1HMDExNDgtMjAxMjAzMDMtMTUwMy5qcGc.jpg

Nothing spectacular but the premium federal rounds shot the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Got to the range 82 deg. out 6 mph. wind out of my 4:00 gusting @ 100yrds..Top .308 Belguim surplus 147gr. went right 4 clicks.3 FTE :( [first time for LAR-8] @.40 a round you get what you pay for [hope they are better at waffles].Second is 20"HBAR coyote 55gr. lake city back up sights only.Third is 14.7 w/battle comp. standing rapid fire backups only,then EoTech .223,then both perfect co-witness with backup sights really like the way this setup feels same ammo no hiccups.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I should have bought a lotto ticket my first time out with my new rig, in over 30 years of hunting/shooting i've never mounted a scope on a new gun and it be dead on at 50 yards!

On my second trip to the range I tried several different 308 & 7.62 rounds I also purchased a set of bags which helped, I shot moa with 168 gr FGMM. I have some SW ammo on order to try out soon,hopefully I can tighten my group up a bit.(Bottom target at 100yards)

LWRC REPR 7.62

Weaver 3-15x50

FGMM 168

post-1491-136297274902_thumb.jpg

post-1491-136297274913_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys  we went to the range today to have a lil fun and test out the Nikon custom turret I just got for the  6x24x50 Monarch. Had it made for FGMM 168gr.So the scope was sighted for a 200 zero...took off the target turret put on the custom and all was good...just a couple of clicks off..sooo went to three hundred on the turret and it did work!...yippee...dialed to 400 on the  4"steel swinger and bam...right on...dialed back to 200...yep perfect...dont even have to pull out the shooter app on the smartphone...talk bout being lazy <laughs>

here's the pic at 300yds  :)  Wash

IMAG0250.jpg

Thanks Unforgiven !    Its been almost a year now since we found this great place not too far from us.Like most folks I grew up where all the ranges were 100 yds...you would walk out there put up your paper target look back at the benches and think how far that 100 yards is....NAH!  500 yds is when you are out there looking back, and cant even hardly see the folks back at the firing line <laughs>  We are spoiled shooting there! <thumbsup>  Wash

• shepp unpinned this topic