imschur

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

It was such a beautiful day today (except for the 25mph winds) I had to go to the range today and managed to do this.

post-12828-0-82265900-1365300815_thumb.j 

This was my 168gr load that I've been working on in the reloading section. The group measured just over an inch shot from 100 yards out. The way the range is designed the wind wasn't to much of a factor. 

• 4 months later...

Here's mine.

IMG_20130815_083053.jpg

The three-shot group was a cold barrel group  at 100 yds after zeroing with 168gr FGMM HPBT rounds. The other two were Hornady American Whitetail 150gr.  Somehow couldn't get consistent results with the Hornadys - they were all over the place. That's what I get for being cheap. LOL

-S

Edited by shibiwan

• 6 months later...

Oh ya 60* on a Friday had to get out to the range post-12828-0-96180600-1394400492_thumb.j Did alright but all the off time from the winter weather showed its ugly head but a little adjustment on the scope a quick review of my shooting and I was hitting the bull with regularity again can't wait to get out again post-12828-0-87268300-1394400570_thumb.j 

Good shooting brother seasprite.Hows the belly??

I'm doing a lot better as you can tell by my excursion to the range. My wife was like "I don't think you should go until you talk to the doc" but I told the rifle was under my 20 lbs weight restriction  8)  I'll be going in tomorrow for a follow up and see what he has to say. Even though I hate to say it I hope I don't have to be off work to much longer. I want to start working the scar tissue out by working out some but I'll wait until the doc gives me the all clear to do it.  

That's a nice range half in doors I suspect I would like more pix of the range with details? I shoot in a covered area but take in the elements of the day just as fun or a chalange.[attachment=9322:image.jp

Yea its a nice range I'll get some better pics and post them up when I get a chance. Its an outdoor range with covered benches. If you look close you can see where the tards have shot the concrete baffles some have even shot the closest baffle to the benches but the range officers get on it right away when people get dangerous. Here is the web site for it http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/kansas-city/lake-city-shooting-range

Edited by seasprite

I shot up an old but fully charged 30lb CO2 fire extinguisher at the range today.  ALLLLLmost had a movie of it but since the ground was wet, we had set the vid-cam on a huge piece of cardboard near the extinguisher and the damn breeze caught part of the cardboard and knocked the camera over just before I fired.  We didn't realize it until the show was over and we had only brought one of em with us.  Frickin wind...lol

We've got some more that are still charged but obsolete so we're gonna go without the cardboard next time and a taller tripod...

First hit was dead center and clean through and got the thing blowing and spinning and then I managed another 5 or 6 rounds into it as it spun and danced so it was a pretty good "fun" target overall.

We didn't know if we had gotten any of it at all on camera till I got home and as soon as I finished downloading I put it on and it was looking good for a while there and then poof, the camera falls over, you hear a shot and WHOOSSHHHHH and then shot, shot, more whooshing and blowing and more shots etc but all I got footage of was moving friggin leaves from a camera laying on it's side on the damn ground....lol

• 1 month later...

First target eight rounds Hornady match 168 grain BT HP.

Second target18 Rounds HSM match 168 grain BT HP.

All shot at 100 yards. Got 248 rounds through it now running just great except still have the cratered primers. I will start to reload for cartridge soon.post-14671-0-18448300-1398560900_thumb.j

Edited by Bones

• 2 weeks later...

Got out and shot for about 20 minutes before it dumped rain.

First pic is 100 yard target before the rain.

Second pic is 200 yard target during the downpour.

Ill have to try these again since the conditions sucked, but they look promising and its always fun to get out and shoot!

post-13718-0-19518600-1399777041_thumb.j

post-13718-0-07947800-1399777076_thumb.j

Edited by .308LiteHunter

Finally got my SPR build up and running. this is at 4 shot group cause I didn't have a fifth. 40gr V Max in front of benchmark powder. Can remember the charge. This is only at 50 yards things look promising for the 100 yard line. I didn't think the 40s would do very good in a 1/7 twist they shot the best between some 64gr Winchester Ranger and some other 55gr hand loads I had got some 77gr Bergers going to try next. Barrel is made by McGowen Precision Barrels in kalsispell MT.

post-13418-0-90706500-1399873957_thumb.j

• shepp unpinned this topic