• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Always wanted to delve into the AR10... this has been my year.

Masakari

My background: USMC marksmanship instructor, Pennsylvania police, and ardent Second Amendment support. Not much more to say about that.

I'm a gun guy. For many years I have wanted to get into AR10s as I have AR15s, but I had an M14 with lots of money into it, so it never happened. Well, this year I bought my first AR10 at a gunshow (ArmaLite AR10B, killer deal) and I was hooked. I have since sold my M14 and other spare (if there is such a thing) guns and my focus is on completing my next project, a S&W M&P10. I love the idea of light, nimble, and powerful rifles for general purpose use. While I will never ditch my 5.56 ARs, and in the event of an emergency thats what I'm bringing, a 7.62 AR certainly has its place. I'm very happy to be fully engrossed with the platform and look forward to giving and receiving knowledge and experience here.

Welcome! You're even using AR-10 in the proper context (we're known to be strict on that, the only AR-10 is Armalite AR-10 pattern, everything else is a .308/7.62 AR)! I see potential...

Have you already bought the M&P 10? If not, you should try building one from the ground up. You should be able to make one that's even lighter weight and handles even better.

Welcome! You're even using AR-10 in the proper context (we're known to be strict on that, the only AR-10 is Armalite AR-10 pattern, everything else is a .308/7.62 AR)! I see potential...

Haha I thought the same, welcome from Wisconsin Edited by shepp