• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's up? From Virginia

308Corb

Hello everyone,

I'm a noob to this forum from Va,Been around guns my entire life though.I own a few Pistols,Shotguns,Bolt action rifle and a Ruger mini 14...I just bought my first AR Style Rifle(PA10)..I know when I say that I bought a PSA upper and lower everyone will most likely cringe lol.But as a father of 2(Soon to be of 3 in August) with a stay at home wife.... I have a budget.Anyways,Before anyone asks...Yes I had issues with mine going into full battery,Cycling rounds etc...I fixed mine by simply swapping out the extraction spring with an AR15 spring.Since then she's worked reliably like a champ so far.I haven't had a chance to really shoot it because I want to get some optics for it but so far id say it's already one of my favorite guns I currently own..Next to my 1968 Voere Cougar Austria 30-06 bolt action.While I'm familiar with guns and have been around a ton of ARs I'm still a noob to the AR platform,Feel free to ask any questions or share knowledge.Thanks

LoL,Well tbh I get all the OT I want at my job..I work 12hr shifts....3days on,1day off,3days on,3days off 1day on,3days off..then repeat...so essentially one week I work 48hrs then the next is 36hrs..Which ends up to working out to about 14-15 days a month..So I can volunteer on my off days and get all the OT I want pretty much...And since I'm a Maintenance tech I work on most holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas

Welcome from indiana brother,and congrats on the new arrival.They will all get used to eating Ramen so you can get more toys. ^-^

Thank you,My oldest(9) would have no problem with the Ramen..He loves it lol,My Daughter(3) and my wife would be the ones who wouldn't be happy lol..

I don't think PSA is bad, you got a rifle and it sounds like you got it operational, welcome from Wisconsin!

At least it's not a cmmg :D

Thanks,Yea I'm satisfied with it now,I researched a ton of different AR companies online and read tons of reviews/forums on them.A good friend of mine has 2 PSA builds(AR15 and a 50 Beowulf) and he loves them and recommended them so I took the chance on PSA.Couldn't beat the price either.Was a little frustrated at the chambering issues but now that it's fixed I'm a happy customer.Not going to do much else to it other than a nice scope at this point.Thanks again for the welcome

Welcome from PA.  My mother is from Danville, VA, and I have friends in VA (Roanoke).  Its a great, beautiful state.  I always enjoy visiting there.

A lot of the AR style rifles are every bit as (or even more) accurate than a lot of bolt-action rifles.  Glad you got one before the politicians make the semi-auto's illegal.

Welcome from PA. My mother is from Danville, VA, and I have friends in VA (Roanoke). Its a great, beautiful state. I always enjoy visiting there.

A lot of the AR style rifles are every bit as (or even more) accurate than a lot of bolt-action rifles. Glad you got one before the politicians make the semi-auto's illegal.

Thanks for the welcome,I have family out in Beaver Falls PA.My grand dad grew up there and went to school with Joe Namath lol

Thanks for the welcome,I have family out in Beaver Falls PA.My grand dad grew up there and went to school with Joe Namath lol

Actually, I'm from SW PA, near to the hometown of Tony Dorsett and not too far from Beaver Falls myself.  Small world, eh?