• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Show me your scatter guns.

babo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of a light. How about a laser as well? Can't wait can't wait. I've been waiting for so long now, about 10 months. I will have to find a 410 for the wife. She won't shoot the mossy 500 I have now. I know she could if she would just try it.

what about a 20 gauge? my friend wife uses one deer hunting shes tiny, and the damn thing will throw a slug 125+ yards in a pie plate. ive seen some after market tactical parts for 870 20ga also

planing on getting a cheap used 870 for a tactical build after the first of the year, the LGS has one with beat up stock for 250.

this is my collections of shotguns sorry bout the shitty pix i think the camera on my phone is crapping out..

my first gun, got it for my 12th birthday. winchester 1300 ive also got a slug barrel for it

1300.jpg

my grandpa's winchester 370 28 gauge single shot ( great rabbit hunting gun)

28.jpg

also was my grandpa's winchester model 12, i need to get this gun looked at and cleaned up.

model12.jpg

also how would i go about telling the age of these two guns? i never knew my grandpa, my uncle gave me both guns when his daughters were born.

reminds me of hunting with a buddy. year after my buddy lost his leg in a motorcycle crash we desided to put the sneak on some geese in picked corn feild. he tells me stand on the fence line im going to get on my quad and push them to you they'll take off into the wind you'll get some shooting. well they did not take off into the wind and flew over him so he jumps off his quad and starts shooting at them and wings one. it crash lands in the feild he goes to shoot again and gun jams, its him vs the goose and the goose is PISSED. im watching this all unfold across the field. he turns his gun around and starts to beat the goose down with it as its trying to peck his nuts off. prolly one of the funniest things ive ever seen

They know exactly what they're doing!

Took the girl to the zoo when she was about 2 1/2 years old.  She was wearing these rock-hard saddle shoe things and a little red dress.  The zoo wasn't opened yet, so we went over to "The Duck Pond", which is actually a misnomer because every type of water fowl in North America makes a year-round job of eating free bread and popcorn.

We head over there and a group of geese heads into the water.  One straggler decided he was going to stand his ground, wings spread, and starts heading to attack my toddler daughter.  bullpoopy mister!

I snatched her up by her armpits and kicked at the goose.  What happened next was due to a split-second decision on my part but I am still ashamed of my choice.

As she cleared ground with her legs swinging out in front of us, Mr. Goose decided to alter his attack and (like Shepp said) refocused his evil intent on Mr. Winky.  Thinking quickly I remembered the saddle shoes and rapidly bought my daughter's body down in such a manner as to club the evil goose with the clubs on her feet.  At 2 1/2 teamwork isn't a part of the vocabulary, let alone practice, so seeing Evil Goose Head approaching pulled her knees up to her chest as he started to go after her feet.

Yanking her back out of harms way, El Craphead Diablo again turns his attention to what can only be described as my rapidly recessing turtle head, and she AGAIN flings her legs back out.  Attempt number two and again the knees come up to the chest but now, as I was lifting her back skyward, Evil Goose was close enough to KICK with authority, which at that point he decided it wasn't worth it and disengaged.

Dads...don't use your kids as improvised weapons.

Jon

My daughter said yesterday she doesn't remember the incident.

My wife says I remember it wrong, that I was in full reverse and swinging the child at the goose.

Guess that explains losing the Father of The Year.

Jon

U traumatized her so bad she barried it deep deep in her brain lol

Poor child was used as an Improvised Kicking Device, and now she's scarred for life...  <laughs> <lmao>

Multiple times.

After entertaining her with a "That Was Good All-You-Can-Eat-Chili Last Night" fart many years ago, I said "I'm going to do that in your class tomorrow when I volunteer."  <laughs>

After yelling for 5 minutes to hurry up or she'll be late to school, be standing at the door in a shirt, shoes, and underwear only. 

Fear is the only advantage we have when they're teens.

Jon