• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308AR from Phoenix

pipedoc

Hello all, new guy from AZ. Damn sure not new to firearms, 40+ yrs shooting, but just scored my 1st AR in .308. Not new to the AR platform, been shooting that since early 1980's, but never had the $ for one in .308. Took out my new DPMS 308 out this morning for a short test run and I must say I'm pretty impressed overall. Starting off with a DPMS Oracle 308 and a cheapo center point POS 3x9x40 that I found in a box in the garage. Currently out of work so this will be a long term project, but that just gives me time to catch up on your site for info.  Obvious notes from this mornings test are, the trigger sux (no surprise lol) need to get some good magpull BUIS and a scope that doesn't belong on a kids pellet gun lol.

Welcome, from south of the city.  Where you at in Phx? - the damn place is 60 miles across...

Don't worry about putting money into it right now - just shoot, man.

North Phx, Glendale. Not quite in the hood but I can see it from here lol. My 308 will be a nice addition, but not yet my go to here on the "wess side" lol