• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Law Tactical AR 15 folding stock

Magwa

OK all you old buzzards get ready to get your wallets out and get one of these I did and it is now on my SBR300 Blk out when folded it fits in my back pack making it the perfect snowmobile gun . In my quest to wolf hunt I have had a huge issue with gun while riding a snow cat snow ended up in everthing no more.... Pictures and review to follow.... this thing is bad ass and it works as it is supposed to.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok sorry this took so long I have just been in a funk with winter and busy keep the snow plowed and trying to wolf hunt and catching steelhead other than that I have just been lazy... ok on with the review..

This is a very well made stock adapter made from steel it comes well packaged and has very easy to follow instructions. Installation is easy and straight forward and once installed it is rock solid in either open or closed mode. In the folded position you can only fire once not a big deal with me as I wanted more for transportation reasons on the snowmobile it fits nicely into my backpack folded and that keeps the snow out which when on your back or in front snow gets into everything.

There have been no issues with firing NONE it works just as if it was not there I have fired maybe 150 rounds with it on and it works great , Not much more to say unless you have some questions I will let the pics do the talking.

So now you have been enabled let me know what you think about the review and let me know if I can help you in any way .... peace out!

DSC03514%201280x768_zpsybop6j4i.jpg

DSC03513%201280x768_zpsgkktkhnx.jpg

DSC03511%201280x768_zpsvchpaxio.jpg

DSC03510%201280x768_zpsu1vwfvx9.jpg

DSC03507%201280x768_zpspke5nris.jpg

DSC03505%201280x768_zpsorfzu7xa.jpg

I cheated and looked it up on brownells, but the review solidifies it more! 

Heres the question I have I'm looking on building a gun with that faxon upper as I stated in my post on the x39 area. That is a bufferless system with a 16" barrel and a folder stock is that ok? Or will the alphabet gang come after me? 

Also does it come with a tube to mount a stock on? Do you need a special buffer tube? 

Edited by shepp

That is one nasty looking Buffer in the above photo's .?

The BATF/E length requirements are on barrel length , if its 16" & over , a folding stock is legal  ( what State you live in may have other requirements ), now when you get into shorter Barrel , well , that gets into SBR , no matter what stock you have . Then , if its a Pistol , no stock is legal , folding or not .

Edited by survivalshop

That is one nasty looking Buffer in the above photo's .?

The BATF/E length requirements are on barrel length , if its 16" & over , a folding stock is legal  ( what State you live in may have other requirements ), now when you get into shorter Barrel , well , that gets into SBR , no matter what stock you have . Then , if its a Pistol , no stock is legal , folding or not .

thanks SS

ACE not Tapco... my bad

If a folding AK is legal where you live, I don't see why a folding AR would be much shorter?? What's the Fed minimum length requirement?

Pretty sure minimum length is 16" barrel (obviously) and 26" OAL

For rifles, anyways....

Edited by ChaseFan9
damn auto correct changed OAL to OAK

Yep, it has to be capable without adding extra parts of reaching 26. What is surprising is that they don't care if its fireable or not with the stock folded. You'd think that would be part. So an uzi with a 16" barrel doesn't nearly make 26" with its stock folded. here's the data on an uzi with the factory 10" barrel so at a 16" barrel add 6". only 24.5 with the stock folded, still legal and still fireable like that. its again one of the inconsistencies of the ATF rules

Length
  • 445 mm (17.5 in) stockless
  • 470 mm (18.5 in) folding stock collapsed
  • 640 mm (25 in) folding stock extended[1]
Barrel length260 mm (10.2 in)[1

• 1 year later...

I've got them on the 7.5" 5.56 pistol and the 11.5" 5.56 pistol.  They rock.  Gen 3 is out now - I got mine just as they were releasing Gen 2, and had to wait.  Got some of the first Gen 2 sets out. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I've got them on the 7.5" 5.56 pistol and the 11.5" 5.56 pistol.  They rock.  Gen 3 is out now - I got mine just as they were releasing Gen 2, and had to wait.  Got some of the first Gen 2 sets out. 

I got the Gen 3. I like how it adds to the LOP and subtacts from the required storage space. It also adds weight to the BCG so I'm curious to shoot it and see if it'll function better now. Haven't had time to machine my heavy buffer.... :embarrassed: