• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite 10B mags

lx2008

hey guys,

are there any manufacturers out there producing a mag of their own that will work in an Armalite 10B?

Magpul has told me in no uncertain terms that they have no plans on producing an Armalite 10B mag.

sick of paying $30 for Armalite mags. Brownells is the same thing. why will no one produce a plastic mag for these?

The demand is probably small enough that if someone did tool up to produce them the cost would be more than the $30 Armalite mags. As far as I know, Armalite is the only manufacturer making a lower receiver that uses those mags (I could be wrong on that) most other manufacturers' receivers use the DPMS pattern.

Edited by 392heminut

When ArmaLite gave up the ghost and started producing the P-Mag models I think our chances for alternate mag sources became slim to none. On the plus side the B-mags are almost indestructible, of 3,000+ rounds from my AR-10 the vast majority were fired from one 15 round magazine and it shows no sign of giving up.

The demand is probably small enough that if someone did tool up to produce them the cost would be more than the $30 Armalite mags. As far as I know, Armalite is the only manufacturer making a lower receiver that uses those mags (I could be wrong on that) most other manufacturers' receivers use the DPMS pattern.

You're looking at 10-20K just for the mold. Then you have all the R&D on top before you even produce one magazine. There has to be one heck of a market for the product.

ok, i guess i should have done my homework before buying this rifle. i did not look at that aspect of this rifle

when i bought it.

My hat is off to you. :bow You own the real deal. None of us would be here, if it wasn't for the AR-10. Is 30 bucks really that bad of a deal for a factory magazine? I'm not being a smart azz, I really don't what they’re worth. And to me that's a bargain compared to a factory H&K pistol magazine.

DUDE! What's 30 bucks for a mag anyway? And besides.....you ain't ever gonna break the damn thing. I've ran thousands of rounds through my 10B mags. Now, granted......I've got about 40 of them (I think). But..........that's why I'm the Armalite pusher. laughing to myself

R2 ,Where have you been hiding ?

30 bucks ain`t much. heck, i love my Armalites. but it would be nice to buy pmags for it.

Meh. Let the other crowd play with the Pmags. We like steel in the Armalite camp. After all.....you wouldn't put cheapo tires on a race car would ya? (RELAX.....it's a joke guys, I'm just kidding)  

R2 ,Where have you been hiding ?

How'd you know I've been hiding?

DUDE! What's 30 bucks for a mag anyway? And besides.....you ain't ever gonna break the damn thing. I've ran thousands of rounds through my 10B mags. Now, granted......I've got about 40 of them (I think). But..........that's why I'm the Armalite pusher. laughing to myself

Truth. The way those "B" mags are built, they are worth it. 300 bucks buys you a lifetime of magazines, unless you're deploying with it to the Mid East or Afghanistan. Even in a SHTF scenario, it would be all over before you emptied 10 magazines. Just don"t eject them and run off, or if you do, let me know where so I can score some empty used magazines.