• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Can Cannon's NFA Status has been rescinded by the ATF!

Looks like it's back!!! but, I'm sure the idiots in Sacremento that run things here in Cali will find a reason to ban them like everything else that's either cool or practical

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/can-cannons-triumphant-return/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20160422_FridayDigest_26&utm_campaign=/blog/can-cannons-triumphant-return/

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Good.

I'd like to see some folks start experimenting with them, see exactly what can and can not be launched successfully.  Kinda like when we were kids and got bored shooting ping pong balls out of the ping pong ball gun.

Or when we upgraded our "potato gun" to 4" pvc. 

Or shot those 2" pins with the ball on the end outta my BB gun because I ran outta bb's

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Good.

I'd like to see some folks start experimenting with them, see exactly what can and can not be launched successfully.  Kinda like when we were kids and got bored shooting ping pong balls out of the ping pong ball gun.

On that note, they're about to release a rope gun conversion complete with a 4 hook grappler - pretty cool!

4 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Good.

Like Tom and I shooting tennis balls, mini footballs and 16 oz cans !

• 4 weeks later...

'Bout damn time the 3-letter agency got their sheit together on this.  Their main concern was that the end of the "gas port" was threaded, and capped with an allen bolt.  User could theoretically remove that allen bolt, chamber a live round, and shoot it from a "short barrelled rifle" afterwards...  because the "barrel" was so short - and measured to the first hole on the "gas port," aka barrel... 

Well, fuk, if you don't permanently affix your longer-than-normal flash suppressor to your 14.5" barrelled carbine, then you've created another SBR.  IF you permanently attach your longer-than-normal flash suppressor to your 14.5" barrelled carbine, bring it to 16" minimum length, it's not an SBR... 

So, in theory, if you couldn't remove that allen bolt from your Can Cannon "gas port," and it was permanently welded to the "gas port," then you'll never be able to shoot a live round through the fukcing thing, whether it could chamber one or not.

I welded mine.

Let them show me it will be adapted to fire a live round after that...

I'm still sending mine in for the new one.

• 1 year later...