• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sign P227 14rd Mags

The gun was GREAT.... as long as I only fed it FMJ ball ammo...:embarrassed:

My duty ammo jams on the feed ramp... even after sending it back to Sig... and 18 different magazines...

RA45B(500)-2.jpg

Unfortunately, I am stuck using this ammo for work as we're required to use dept issued ammo. My only alternative is to go to a different handgun. My current options are a Glock G21 or a M&P. I am actively trying to get Springfield Armory and FNH put on the list, as well as a few others.

• Dept req's (aside from make/model) are; 45, 9mm or 40... SA/DA, Striker or DAO... compatible w/ a triple threat holster.
  • My personal req's are; 45, light rail, able to accept a MRDS (with or without custom work), more than 10rd capacity (prefer no thumb safety)

This puts me in the market for a G41 Gen4 MOS, or a FNX-45 Tactical. Possibly a XDm45 (with a custom slide). I really don't want a Glock, especially one with a long slide. I can't use the FNX's threaded bbl in CA, and I'm not especially excited about the thumb safety. The XDm doesn't come factory with a milled slide.... Where is my dream 45!?!?!

Bonuses; the Glock has unparalleled aftermarket options. The FNX is a complete fuckin package of everything, including 15rd mags! The XDm (with a little elbow grase and imagination) may satisfy all the qualities I'm looking for.

It seems low on the list but my duty gun is the .45 m&p, and I really like it. Not one issue in all the rounds I've put through it (3k?) and I swallows all ammo. Accurate too. I just picked up two limited edition for our 150th anniversary of the Dept. One for me and one for my dads 60th bday.

2 hours ago, DNP said:

I see the mags are loaded ....included in the price?

I unloaded them, but if YOU buy them I'll include a full box of the ammo.... just be aware that they were loaded in that picture with the same ammo that kept jamming... so you'll probably want to use the ammo in a different pistol.

18 minutes ago, blue109 said:

M&P has a version with a milled slide for RDS don't they?

The M&P "Core" is cut for a MRDS, but it only comes in 9mm and .40 cal.... 

I actually don't have anything against the M&P. It had all the same attributes as the XDm, as far as I was concerned. The XDm just had a much better aftermarket following.

Seriously , that Pistol can be fixed , what makes me wonder is ,why Sig couldn't do it , I find that odd . I don't know how the feed ramp configuration is ,not familiar with Sig at all , but the old 1911's ( along with a bunch of other types ) would do the same with Hollow Points , till you altered the feed ramp & ported & polished them .  This Sig shouldn't be any different .

I have three XDM's ( 2-9mm & 1 45ACP ) & an XD ( 45ACP ) & they work flawlessly . I like my M&P Shield , 9mm ( my carrie gun ), even though it had to go back a week after I bought it because of a recall . My friend has an M&P 9 mm that came apart inside with the first shot , so I personally would think twice before buying another S&W .

I could have modified the P227 myself. I think I saw the error, and how I could have fixed it. The issue came down to that little voice in the back of my head.... "it jammed on you too many times, and it could happen again."

For a gun that I was going to carry on duty, and depend my life on, I just could afford to have it weigh on my conscience anymore.

31 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I could have modified the P227 myself. I think I saw the error, and how I could have fixed it. The issue came down to that little voice in the back of my head.... "it jammed on you too many times, and it could happen again."

For a gun that I was going to carry on duty, and depend my life on, I just could afford to have it weigh on my conscience anymore.

Think any of us woulda done the same

6 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

The only way to possibly overcome that is trigger time on a combat course , after repair . I can see your reasoning & understand it . 

15 hours ago, survivalshop said:

The only way to possibly overcome that is trigger time on a combat course , after repair . I can see your reasoning & understand it . 

No offense but that is not an equivalent to bring on patrol and NEEDING your firearm. The range is just the range and until you've been shot at or have someone swinging a knife at you, you don't know.

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

No offense but that is not an equivalent to bring on patrol and NEEDING your firearm. The range is just the range and until you've been shot at or have someone swinging a knife at you, you don't know.

With all due respect , I did say possibly , a realistic combat course should put the weapon through more than you will ever see out in the field . If we take your approach to a weapons reliability or its use , you wouldn't take any firearm out in the field ,because you never know when they can fail.

Putting a shooter & his carried weapon through a combat course also helps in any or some of the normal possibilities of issues that happen in real life or in the field & issues do happen even with the most expensive firearms out there , but I don't have to tell you that , you already know it .

Its overcoming the sociological aspect of using said weapon , because any firearm can & probably will fail at some point in its life , if used regularly . It may only be a stove pipe jam , easy clear or it could be a component failure, in which case the weapon could be useless afterward .  Sometimes a confidence boost is needed to trust a weapon in the field & repeated use of said weapon in a live fire course , may be all that is needed to build trust again.

There are too many pistols out there that run flawless out of the box to spend time trying to MAKE one work and then always having a bit of doubt. 

I know they are boring, but my glock addict friend has an RMR on 2 of his. A 9 and a 45. Little bulky for personal carry, but I wouldn't hesitate as a duty gun. Thing is a lazer and really fast on target. I've never shot a pistol for groups before. 

4 hours ago, blue109 said:

There are too many pistols out there that run flawless out of the box to spend time trying to MAKE one work and then always having a bit of doubt. 

I know they are boring, but my glock addict friend has an RMR on 2 of his. A 9 and a 45. Little bulky for personal carry, but I wouldn't hesitate as a duty gun. Thing is a lazer and really fast on target. I've never shot a pistol for groups before. 

So , you have an issue with a Pistol , just get a new one , wtf , hasn't anyone ever had a firearm repaired before . If its repaired or altered & on the range or course , you can't make it fail , your taking the same chance as with any other firearm .

Its in someones head that it will fail & the only one that can fix that is the person that thinks its going to fail , even though you can't make it fail , there is no difference except in you psychic . I understand it, but its no longer about the firearm not working , its just a mechanical device .

Sorry Robocop , I'm used to repairing firearms when they don't work , for all walks of life .

If I could afford a Sig , I would be interested in those , most would have to clear their throat when hearing you want to replace a Sig with a lowly Croatian spit ball XDM .:lmao:  

9 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Before firearm failure, I see skills failure under stress on the Milo Range.  Scenario could be something as easy as an unarmed drunk.  People really fall apart when the perp on the screen starts executing children in an active shooter scenario.

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Lol... looks like my FS thread has gone completely to shiiit.  

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

We love you too bro! :evil:

6 hours ago, blue109 said:

Agreed.  Not sure what happened at SIG/Sauer but, like a buddy with a P220 Carry Compact that failed to ignite cartriges said, "I just don't have the faith to carry it now and trust my life to it."

Nice thing about the FNX 45 is you can  carry it decocked like a Sig Sauer, or Cocked and locked like a 1911, or if a person is really a nervous nellie, which you aren't, you can do both. Hammer down AND safety on.  Good luck with your choice, a lot of quality reliable firearms out there.