• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Black Rifle Coffee

survivalshop

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Just ordered some of this coffee beans ( we have a Grinder & like to use it ) Veteran owed & operated . Said he would hire 10K Vets to counter Fukbucks coffee .

http://www.blackriflecoffee.com

Which one did you get I've ordered two of the darker roasts the past two christmas's for a friend he's loved them and just black this year for another and it was also a hit. I just got thru a bag of CAF it was so good I bought a French press because I felt my drip did it no justice lol. Just got a bag of caffeine and hate yesterday

theyre a smaller company but growing fast think they're somthing like 95% vet run. Evan the owner is actually in the process of switching where his beans come from to a retired special forces guy who farms in centeral American. Idk if they'd ever beable to employ that many people but it's a goal and they do good things for the vet/Leo/first responder community 

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Which one did you get I've ordered two of the darker roasts the past two christmas's for a friend he's loved them and just black this year for another and it was also a hit. I just got thru a bag of CAF it was so good I bought a French press because I felt my drip did it no justice lol. Just got a bag of caffeine and hate yesterday

theyre a smaller company but growing fast think they're somthing like 95% vet run. Evan the owner is actually in the process of switching where his beans come from to a retired special forces guy who farms in centeral American. Idk if they'd ever beable to employ that many people but it's a goal and they do good things for the vet/Leo/first responder community 

SILENCER_SMOOTH_2_b4aa306a-fd12-43a1-bf11-ef4cb42d65e9_compact_cropped.png?v=1482945542 Silencer Smooth Coffee Blend × 1
Whole Bean

$12.99

AK47_32ebc5db-3838-4370-aca2-971268f03791_compact_cropped.png?v=1482945275 AK-47 Espresso Blend × 1
Whole Bean

$12.99

Last week I ordered a Percolator coffee maker & am retiring the ( what I call a mr. coffee type maker ) Coffee maker I have . I haven't had a Percolator maker since I was first married & got one for a wedding present . We always said it was the best coffee we ever had .It should be here tomorrow , too bad the coffee will take a while longer .

15 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

I mostly use the Mr. Coffee, because I can set the timer to start coffee before I'm up.

But we do have a percolator and it does make better coffee.

Percolating coffee is like water in a fountain that is recirculating. .. over and over again. Possibly the worst method of making coffee. Water going over the coffee grounds once is the way to go, either by steam or hot water. I might not be a coffee expert but I have handled a few million coffeemakers. (Thousands of trailer loads)every manufacturer. 

4 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

Percolating coffee is like water in a fountain that is recirculating. .. over and over again. Possibly the worst method of making coffee. Water going over the coffee grounds once is the way to go, either by steam or hot water. I might not be a coffee expert but I have handled a few million coffeemakers. (Thousands of trailer loads)every manufacturer. 

Let me get this straight , you are gaining experience with coffee making by transporting Coffee makers in the back of a Truck ?:lmao:

Sorry brother , I could resist .

I agree with Dane, running the water/coffee over and over the grounds is supposed to be the worst way to make coffee.

From my experience,  I must agree, as every time I have had percolated coffee (some made myself) it has not neen up even the standards of my el cheapo pot at home....and never mind the "pro" way of making it.....presses, ect.

actually any of the methods that use a paper filter are sub par because the oils from the coffee get trapped in the filter. I know a lot of people who love the perk method, I bought this French press around Christmas and love it it's just not for somone who sips coffee all day 

6 minutes ago, shepp said:

actually any of the methods that use a paper filter are sub par because the oils from the coffee get trapped in the filter. I know a lot of people who love the perk method, I bought this French press around Christmas and love it it's just not for somone who sips coffee all day 

I switched out and use permanent gold filters. Makes a big difference. I like all methods. I don't compare them. I figure it's just like making a different recipe with the same ingredient. Anyway, after the first gallon I don't taste much difference between the methods. ( and I wonder why I have trouble sleeping).

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Let me get this straight , you are gaining experience with coffee making by transporting Coffee makers in the back of a Truck ?:lmao:

Beat me to it.  I was gonna say "I made a part for Curiosity Mars rover.  I'm a flippin' astronaut!" :lmao:

22 minutes ago, shepp said:

Having worked lived in a coffee house that started with green coffee beans, then roasted them to many different levels on site, I know that oils are used to cover use of shitty coffee beans.

When you make coffee from good beans that aren't slathered with "flavor oils," you don't have a mini-slick floating on top of your coffee.  You won't need sugar and won't want cream or creamer.

7 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

Millions of hard working 'Murican farmers disagree. Not to mention, most of the world just throws the ground beans into the pot of water and boils it until the water is brown. 

Both sets of my grand parents got (or received as gifts) Mr. Coffees at some point.  And in both houses, it sat in a corner gathering dust, while the percolators worked furiously away (stove top on the farm, a fancy electric model in the city).

Like many, many modern amenities, Mr. Coffee-style coffee makers are more interested in the continued sales of unnecessary disposable filters. 

34 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Oh yeah.  Forgot because they distracted me with mechanical coffee making snobbery.

Of the dozens of people I sent the link to Black Rifle Coffee Company yesterday, several responded "You are going to love their coffee!"

Not that I'm some coffee snob but it's the best I've ever had at home. Evan is truly passionate about coffee he started out roasting and brewing coffee while on deployment. Dudes alil nuts about coffee 

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

As funny as that sounds ! I got to use every coffee maker that was sold in north america. The company set up shows with their products and put on demonstrations. I must have brought home more than a dozen different coffee makers over the years.

Also made canned cold coffee while at Shasta. That was some nasty stuff ... Yuck ! It had caffeine and taurine.

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I don't drink coffee.  But these shitty coffee beans are supposed to be pretty good (and expensive).

https://www.blackivorycoffee.com/about

Are you refering to coffee beans which are digested by animals then harvested from excrement ,processed and sold at redicules prices.