• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Black Rifle Coffee

survivalshop

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Oh yeah.  Forgot because they distracted me with mechanical coffee making snobbery.

Of the dozens of people I sent the link to Black Rifle Coffee Company yesterday, several responded "You are going to love their coffee!"

Yes, you will.

A good friend of mine sends me some of their coffees as gifts, and DAMMMMM they are good!!  ....even with a paper filter drip system.....:hornet:

All I have to say is , my Percolator POS coffee maker just made a great pot of Coffee . Took one Pot to get the mix correct , man was the first one like Expresso , damn ! Don't follow anyones instructions & I used the Pots Manufacturers directions . I did my own from experience from the one I have at hunt camp & its great , drinking it now .

Can't wait for my Black rifle Beans to come in .

14 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

All I have to say is , my Percolator POS coffee maker just made a great pot of Coffee . Took one Pot to get the mix correct , man was the first one like Expresso , damn ! Don't follow anyones instructions & I used the Pots Manufacturers directions . I did my own from experience from the one I have at hunt camp & its great , drinking it now .

Can't wait for my Black rifle Beans to come in .

Lol, when I bought that French press it said 4 heaping scoops.........yea I was wired for 460v the rest of the day! And usually caffeine doesn't affect me 

3 hours ago, shepp said:

Lol, when I bought that French press it said 4 heaping scoops.........yea I was wired for 460v the rest of the day! And usually caffeine doesn't affect me 

:laffs::lmao:

At my old roaster hangout, told the dude one day "Just want something clean, like tea."  He says "You want a toddy. It's a cold brew that takes a couple of days to make.  We do a couple of gallons at a time."

Normally drinking 3 stout cups a day, at 3/4s of a cup I was doing loops between the floor and ceiling.  At one point I thought he laced it with meth or something.

2 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

:laffs::lmao:

At my old roaster hangout, told the dude one day "Just want something clean, like tea."  He says "You want a toddy. It's a cold brew that takes a couple of days to make.  We do a couple of gallons at a time."

Normally drinking 3 stout cups a day, at 3/4s of a cup I was doing loops between the floor and ceiling.  At one point I thought he laced it with meth or something.

The first time we made a canned coffee at Shasta for Costco .The lab manager was running the filler and kept sampling the product, she was bouncing off the walls and couldn't talk. That was some funny sh¡t , the next day she came to work and said she didn't sleep.

f26e7a90a04f4faf3ddc0010f461ef5e.jpg

17 minutes ago, mineralman55 said:

There is something comforting about a percolator... the aroma, the sound. 

Agreed.

17 minutes ago, mineralman55 said:

They require a lot of attention, but they're worth it.

Disagreed.  I fill mine with water, put in the basket with coffee, turn on the stovetop to about medium, and go about my business for 10 minutes or so.

What one of our enterprising machinists here needs to do is fabricate some stainless steel baskets/stems for these percolators.

4 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Agreed.

Disagreed.  I fill mine with water, put in the basket with coffee, turn on the stovetop to about medium, and go about my business for 10 minutes or so.

What one of our enterprising machinists here needs to do is fabricate some stainless steel baskets/stems for these percolators.

I 've got a big percolator in a box ! Its yours !!!!! Only used a couple of times. Remind me to bring it before the next shoot.

2 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

So you never had a boil over? That's almost a right of passage for coffee drinkers.

No, Grasshopper.  Not when using the correct medium-heat method.

I have forgot to put in the filter basket holder on the Mr. Coffee.  Nothing like thinking at 0400 "That coffee maker hasn't sounded right for a few minutes now," then turning on the kitchen light to the brown flood all over the counter, down the cabinets, and rolling across the floor.

Finally learned after the third time.

My dad had an electric perculator when I was a kid he always swore but it. I've got a little aluminum camp style one. actually plan on taking it ice fishing with me next weekend I rescued it from being thrown out because I thought it was a cool old antique 

i like the French press on the weekends tho usually don't wake up early enough on week days to make coffee

IMG_5774.JPG