• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Baggage handler stealing multiple firearms

I NEVER TRUST THE BAG SMASHERS AND RAMPMONKEYS...

Texas airport baggage handler charged with stealing multiple checked firearms

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/03/03/texas-airport-baggage-handler-charged-with-stealing-multiple-checked-firearms.html

Published March 03, 2017

FoxNews.com

An airport baggage handler formerly employed at Austin-Bergstrom International Airpor has been arrested after authorities said he stole handguns from checked luggage to trade for marijuana.

According to a press release issued Wednesday by the U.S Attorney’s Office, Western District of Texas, 25-year old baggage handler, Ja’Quan Johnson of Austin, Texas surrendered to FBI agents based on a federal criminal complaint charging him with theft from an interstate shipment and possession of stolen firearms while working at Austin's main airport (ABIA)

The complaint alleges that Johnson stole numerous handguns from inside passenger bags at ABIA between Nov. 29, 2016 and Feb. 2, 2017.

The complaint also claims that Johnson traded some of the stolen firearms for marijuana, which is illegal to possess in Texas. 

Austin police have since recovered seven stolen firearms and seized an unspecified amount of illegal drugs in warranted searches, which led to the arrests of two of Johnson's alleged accomplices.

Should he be convicted, Johnson will face up to 10 years in a federal prison for theft from an interstate shipment and for possession of each stolen firearm.

Johnson was released on a personal recognizance bond following his initial court appearance on March 1 before United States Magistrate Judge Andrew W. Austin.

No future court dates have been announced but the FBI, Austin police and the Transportation Security Administration are currently investigating. 

2 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Thanks for posting that 3 weeks before I fly with my guns....

Butthole. :bat:

Just make sure you put a stout lock in every location that Pelican case has for a lock - if it's 6 lockable points, then 6 locks...

NO TSA LOCKS, BROTHER!!! 

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Just make sure you put a stout lock in every location that Pelican case has for a lock - if it's 6 lockable points, then 6 locks...

NO TSA LOCKS, BROTHER!!! 

:thumbup:

Oh no, no TSA locks for sure. I'm going to my local locksmith and asking for the finest quality locks he can get me. I want something indestructible, 'cause my MA TEN ain't replaceable.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Or you could take your chances carrying it on the plane. !!

Stand next to an 80 year old woman. Wrap a dish towel around your head, have a three day growth of beard and don't shower. TSA will give her the 3rd degree and pass you right thru.

I heard on the radio some singer got busted with a pistol on a fight last week, said I've got my CCW why can't i I lol, told them he's done it 4-5 other times too they ran his travel records and ended up fireingba bunch of tsa agents