• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Idiotic Warning Shots

If you train to use or are of the mindset that "a warning shot will scare them off," pay attention:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/03/15/a-man-claimed-he-stood-his-ground-with-a-warning-shot-a-judge-revoked-his-carry-permit/?utm_term=.47e9c5570a5f

I agree that the CCW holder was way overstepping his bounds.  In every state, the requirement for use of deadly force is that it be "immediately necessary" to protect life or limb.

Like a buddy of mine in Cali said, make sure you know exactly what is happening, after he stopped two black men at gun point chasing a white car thief.

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Like the off duty cop in CA telling the kids to get off his lawn?

I heard that story on the radio, if the report is how it went down that guys one of those cops that took the dick head pill outta the academy. Should have the kids been cutting thru his property no, but as a teen if some guy comes out and says "get off my lawn I'm a cop" my reply woulda been the same "fuck you!!" Then to go after the kids and get his ass kicked so he pulls his gun. Dudes ego paddled him was up shit creek 

51 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Gun doesn't come out until I feel my life is threatened or my loved ones. There won't be warning shots. A gun is not a negotiation tool if you are carrying it for personal protection. It is a last resort.

Bingo.  :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

Gun doesn't come out until I feel my life is threatened or my loved ones. There won't be warning shots. A gun is not a negotiation tool if you are carrying it for personal protection. It is a last resort.

I agree with all but the last statement, hand to hand (knife) is my last resort. If I feel lives are in danger the gun will come into play way before I allow the distance to close enough for hand to hand. For sure there will be no warning shots!

13 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I agree with all but the last statement, hand to hand (knife) is my last resort. If I feel lives are in danger the gun will come into play way before I allow the distance to close enough for hand to hand. For sure there will be no warning shots!

Or fisticuffs. Actually, a swift kick to the nuts, perp not getting close enough to hit me.   :)   ^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

14 minutes ago, SNKEBIT said:

Or fisticuffs. Actually, a swift kick to the nuts, perp not getting close enough to hit me.   :)   ^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Problem is I can only get my foot above my knee on a good day and then it sends my back into spasms. I remember what I did to a few people that let me get close in my youth, won't let that table get turned on me now.

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

Problem is I can only get my foot above my knee on a good day and then it sends my back into spasms. I remember what I did to a few people that let me get close in my youth, won't let that table get turned on me now.

Have had back issues since early 20's. Not too bad now but I've had both knees replaced and my ankle fused. I will do anything before drawing a weapon on another. Learned at a very young age, most people "telegraph" their intensions. That's when to strike. Never let them see it coming. Don't let up until they quit moving. (learned that the hard way too.)

Of course, if they pull a gun, all bets are off.  lol  I just have to be faster.:fullauto:

2 minutes ago, SNKEBIT said:

Have had back issues since early 20's. Not too bad now but I've had both knees replaced and my ankle fused. I will do anything before drawing a weapon on another. Learned at a very young age, most people "telegraph" their intensions. That's when to strike. Never let them see it coming. Don't let up until they quit moving. (learned that the hard way too.)

Of course, if they pull a gun, all bets are off.  lol  I just have to be faster.:fullauto:

That's the hard part about getting older.  While we used to be "strongest, fastest" that isn't so much anymore.

One of our range officers is knocking at 70.  His son in law, a deptuy, keeps telling him "You need to just avoid fighting altogether now.  At your age, you're in the old woman category.  Just shoot them!"

Difference between 50 and 60 is substantial. Difference between 60 and 68, which I am now, is mind blowing. At 59, last year I practiced Uechi Ryu, I could still kick head height with force, and was still splitting boards and blocks. Head kicks were mostly for show, as the infighting techniques taught nothing higher than abdominal kicks. Now, with one back, one abdominal, two wrist, and one foot surgery done in the last five years and a shoulder surgery coming up, ain't gonna happen. All that repeated trauma and sins of youth come back for their payback. Snake, your right about most people telegraphing their intentions. Know your enemy before they realize they are your enemy. 

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, SNKEBIT said:

most people "telegraph" their intensions. That's when to strike. Never let them see it coming. 

Bouncing 101 lol. Be nice until it's time to not be nice....And be not not nice first. I'm 180# soaking wet and learning when to move is just as important as learning how to move for someone my size.

In Dalton we trust.

3 hours ago, SNKEBIT said:

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

No need for lifting your leg, chop to the wind pipe will about do the same. Collapseing  a wind pipe will F up just about anyone, eyes and ears after that nose ect. They keep at you after that shoot them. 

I cant carry in IL I work in some shitty parts of rockford after hours. Sure I'm big and been told I'm intimidating but I don't rely on just that there. When I'm down there I'll carry a large flat head screw driver handle end is a good thumper, blade end if need be a stabbing device 

Edited by shepp

5 hours ago, shepp said:

No need for lifting your leg, chop to the wind pipe will about do the same. Collapseing  a wind pipe will F up just about anyone, eyes and ears after that nose ect. They keep at you after that shoot them. 

If I feel in danger of bodily harm then I'll collapse something as I work my way up their zipper with 147 grain HST's

I walked around for years knowing I was one of the baddest asses on the street, no gun required. I'm over that now, out of shape and patience both.

My question is , why didn't they just say what was going on , with or with out the firearm being drawn ? From the story , it seemed they had plenty of time to say , we are apprehending a patient from such & such facility . 

You can't say there isn't precedence that people are being assaulted by anti Trump supporters , just by being white & the attackers are taking for granted , because of the color of his skin , that he voted for Trump . You pretty much read about it every day !

I'm not saying he did right or defending him , but there is a lot here , just like all the other BS we read from the news , that a lot is left out .

On 3/15/2017 at 1:21 PM, Sisco said:

I agree with the above , rule to live by .

On 3/16/2017 at 10:34 AM, blue109 said:

Bouncing 101 lol. Be nice until it's time to not be nice....And be not not nice first. I'm 180# soaking wet and learning when to move is just as important as learning how to move for someone my size.

In Dalton we trust.

EGXmQ_s-200x150.gif

I'm in agreement with the judge on this one, that douchebag has no business having a CCW! Crap like this is why I keep saying if you're going to take on the responsibility of carrying a firearm you also need to take on the responsibility of knowing what is considered the legal use of that firearm and the schitstorm you'll put yourself in if you do use it, even if you're within the law!

On 3/21/2017 at 0:13 PM, 392heminut said:

I'm in agreement with the judge on this one, that douchebag has no business having a CCW! Crap like this is why I keep saying if you're going to take on the responsibility of carrying a firearm you also need to take on the responsibility of knowing what is considered the legal use of that firearm and the schitstorm you'll put yourself in if you do use it, even if you're within the law!

One instructor suggested that if you get a conceal carry permit, that you put $20,000 in the bank, because if you end up using it, even if it is valid self defense, that is what it will probably cost you in legal costs when all is said and done. Sad state of affairs, but that's the way it is.

21 minutes ago, Sisco said:

One instructor suggested that if you get a conceal carry permit, that you put $20,000 in the bank, because if you end up using it, even if it is valid self defense, that is what it will probably cost you in legal costs when all is said and done. Sad state of affairs, but that's the way it is.

You can also get "legal insurance,"  Armed Citizens Defense Network, Pre-Paid Legal, and the NRA offers something like that now.