• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RIP, Joanie Cunningham

98Z5V

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

I am also seeing that with my fraternal brother's. One died when his first pension check was in transit. We are not known for collecting many.

They called that the GM curse here, guys would do nothing but work in that shit hole for 35-40 years. They'd retire and do nothing because they didn't know what todo, they had pissed their life away with nothing to show for it but a pay check a nice truck and maybe a nice house 6 months boom dead. 

You have people like that in all facets of work, all work no vacation. We have always gone somewhere at least once a year for decompression. Wife's job as a nurse was very stressful. Some guys don't have a life. Divorce, death of a loved one, kids grown moved out, no kids, no family as they have preceded them in death. So all they have is work,. With us it's more the exposer to silica, asbestos, lead from when copper and galvanize used to have the seams soldered, fireproofing in ceiling's, God knows what was in the labs that we demoed. Welding on ferrous metals was worse than non-ferrous. Parkinson's would rear it's ugly head 10/20 years later. It's the price we pay to help build America. Now in the end of my career as I do some introspection I would do it all over again. Probably been an Ironworker they have a better benefit plan.

7 hours ago, unforgiven said:

As a side note went to the podiatrist heel was killing me. He cut it open went in about 1/2" and pulled out a foreign body that is going to be sent out for biopsy.

You haven't been demoing any alien spaceships with big egg looking things inside have you!:lmao:

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Got cut on Tues.. Went to work on Thurs. hole in heel burned but stabbing pain gone. Over did it on the job heel leaked a little. Pain level went from an 11 to a 3/4. Got a surprise call from Doc. askin how I was doin. Pathology report next week.

^^^ You crack me up bro :laffs:

Like getting a thorn removed!

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

A thorn that hit my heel bone with each step.

I know it wasn't a bone spur, but the pain sounds familiar. "A thorn that hit my heel bone with each step" describes it perfectly. When they opened my heel up to grind it down, Doc said my Achilles looked like spaghetti from the lacerations from the bone spur. Four months on crutches. Glad your out of pain Bro. Might just be a chunk of broke off bone, they do that at times. They biopsied my bone spur just to be safe.

Thanks brother Sisco, plant I'm working is large so a lot of walking. I have no idea what it is or how it got so deep into my heel.

Neal I had that planter factious also it is very painful also. Sole of the foot hurts like hell. Was told it was in part from walking barefoot. Had carbon fiber insoles made from the Podiatrist and that solved the problem. Ladder work doesn't help things either.  

3 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Thanks brother Sisco, plant I'm working is large so a lot of walking. I have no idea what it is or how it got so deep into my heel.

Neal I had that planter factious also it is very painful also. Sole of the foot hurts like hell. Was told it was in part from walking barefoot. Had carbon fiber insoles made from the Podiatrist and that solved the problem. Ladder work doesn't help things either.  

Yea it deffinetly gets worse in the summer, I had never had it like last winter tho, think my work boots were aggravating it tenfold

Yup, I had to deal with the plantar faciaitus too. Podiatrist sent me to a guy who does custom insoles and the doc told me they would cost $250-$300. Went to se the guy the next week (he's only in town one day a week) and he told me I had 10 other people ahead of me. I told him I would come back later and went to Walgreens and bought some Dr Scholls arch supports. Problem cleared up in about a week!