• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ATF apparently making SB Tactical Brace legal again

Heard this from my LGS owner last month. His atf source said it was irrelevant, there was no chance they were going to bring a case anyway. Makes sense, there is no case to bring.

here is a link to the latest beuarcratic bull;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/s3XJ2g5b30oTZ5XJntaNCJHVSOoiUMnGyKt2pQmMLbHXXWWtFwNzewitgtLp1wgR/file?dl=1

24 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Heard this from my LGS owner last month. His atf source said it was irrelevant, there was no chance they were going to bring a case anyway. Makes sense, there is no case to bring.

here is a link to the latest beuarcratic bull;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/s3XJ2g5b30oTZ5XJntaNCJHVSOoiUMnGyKt2pQmMLbHXXWWtFwNzewitgtLp1wgR/file?dl=1

IMG_6507.PNG

Get some of THIS!...

Also, research Ryan Cleckner.  You'll know that the info is VERY valid.  As well, research some of his videos, if you want some real, no shiit training in long range shooting.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/robert-farago/atf-told-sb-tactical-pistol-brace-ryan-cleckner/

"In a March 21, 2017 letter from the ATF to the inventor of the pistol stabilizing brace, the ATF reversed its opinion. The ATF says they just clarified a misunderstanding, but the industry was stuck with what they put in black and white on paper, not what they may have meant.

The ATF finally acknowledged that their concern was about people who took actual steps to re-design something into something new. For example, the letter explains that if the Pistol Stabilizing Brace was mounted long enough down a buffer tube to prevent its use as an arm brace and instead was at a length that was only useful as a shoulder stock, then they have redesigned it into a shoulder stock.

The ATF also clearly acknowledged that merely shouldering a pistol stabilizing brace while firing it does NOT turn an AR-15 pistol into an SBR. They wrote, “…an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device has not been reconfigured for use as a shoulder stock – even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder.”  "

FWIW, he IS a badass...  Just because he's a Ranger, but he's also an attorney...  :thumbup:

" In 2011, Cleckner appeared as a trainer in the second season of History Channel's marksmen competition show, Top Shot. In a 2012 video filmed at Colby Donaldson's ranch, Cleckner shot a Barrett M82 while standing up and hit a target 1000 yards away on his first shot. "

Edited by 98Z5V

I did some shiit like this to Matt two shoots in a row now. 

Fall Shoot, Day 2.  I wake up, grab the 308 bolt gun, sling up standing - and one-round pop the steel at 400.  Set the gun down and walk away...  :lmao:

Spring Shoot, Day 1.  Setup all the steel targets, and we've got a steel at 50 to 63 yards.  I say it was 50 yards, and some smartass with a laser rangefinder says it was 63 yards.  I think the rangefinder was off...  Everybody is shooting pistols at the short steel, warming up, having a good time.  I walked out to the longer steel...  one hand offhand shot, standing, XD45, BANG!  Ting...  Holster the pistol and walk away...  :laffs:

Both were Lucky-As-Fuk shots, but I couldn't let the psychological effect go to waste, so...  hit the shot and walk away...   :banana:

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I did some shiit like this to Matt two shoots in a row now. 

Fall Shoot, Day 2.  I wake up, grab the 308 bolt gun, sling up standing - and one-round pop the steel at 400.  Set the gun down and walk away...  :lmao:

Spring Shoot, Day 1.  Setup all the steel targets, and we've got a steel at 50 to 63 yards.  I say it was 50 yards, and some smartass with a laser rangefinder says it was 63 yards.  I think the rangefinder was off...  Everybody is shooting pistols at the short steel, warming up, having a good time.  I walked out to the longer steel...  one hand offhand shot, standing, XD45, BANG!  Ting...  Holster the pistol and walk away...  :laffs:

Both were Lucky-As-Fuk shots, but I couldn't let the psychological effect go to waste, so...  hit the shot and walk away...   :banana:

What an intolerable showoff.....

:bitchslap:

:lmao:

Seriously, both impressive shots.

:hail:

If I didn't know you were trying to compensate for something, I'd be jealous....

:banana:

1 minute ago, Matt.Cross said:

If I didn't know you were trying to compensate for something, I'd be jealous....

:banana:

I was trying to compensate for two extremely lucky shots!  So I kept eye contact with you after hearing that steel ring - so you'd think I MEANT that shiit!...   :lmao:

6 hours ago, shepp said:

Probably because your a member

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/04/25/sb-tactical-announces-reversal-of-atf-open-letter-on-the-use-of-sb-tactical-pistol-stabilizing-braces/

This one has the entire letter. I'm curious how this applies to the KAK Blade and the adjustments for length it has, mine did not come with a strap either, why would lack of the strap make it not usable as a brace? More mumbo jumbo crap. They need to just get back to the constitution and quit infringing period.

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

, mine did not come with a strap either, why would lack of the strap make it not usable as a brace? More mumbo jumbo crap. They need to just get back to the constitution and quit infringing period.

They're only addressing the SB brace in that letter, which does come with a strap, brother.  The example they're NOW giving of their "redesigning" definition is "You remove the strap, then you redesigned it, You alter the length on the receiver extension so it's too long to strap to your arm, then you redesigned it..."  

They are just pointing out their new definition with examples, after failing miserably in their last ruling.  Several lawyers were fighting them, pointing out that how a person uses an item does not constitute a "redesign" since the configured firearm has not been altered a single bit.

I left the strap on my SIG brace but added a MI QD sling attachment to the tube that inadvertently keeps the brace a few inches further away from the receiver. This is where the single point sling works best when using the tension method and not shouldering it, wonder if they would consider that "re manufactured "?

The 716 has the Phase5 tube that holds the brace at about the same distance, just right!

At least if this stuff starts ending up in litigation I can SBR now.

On April 25, 2017 at 10:09 PM, 98Z5V said:

I say it was 50 yards, and some smartass with a laser rangefinder says it was 63 yards.  I think the rangefinder was off...  E

Not going to have that problem this fall. I'll survey stat shYt to the gnat's ass. I'll bring the gear this time. 

You know what?  It just hit me. Pace Count.  I KNOW my fucking pace count.

I'm thinking... DNP needs to lay out a 500 meter distance, EXACT, over varying terrain. We walk out, walk back, counting every other foot - and we know our one klick pace count. Divide by 10, you know your hundred meter pace count.  My shiit ain't off by THAT much!

Fucking meters.  Every hundred meters is 110 yards.  Fuk me, one step here, one step there, and I'm shooting fucking pistols at 63 yards...   :laffs: