• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Reflex sights

Being competent with iron sights, really need to do a reflex sight. This would good for the 0-300 yard shot. More or less have the field narrowed to:

1. Trijicon

2. Leupold

3. TruGlo

what do the rifle aficionados say on this subject. Also anyone have opinion on the Glock MOS models one way or the other.

I own a G41 MOS with a Trijicon RMR

IMG_3998.JPG

If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone with a DeltaPoint Pro with the attached rear sight.

If you do like the RMR, I probably wouldn't suggest the tritium/fiber-optic RMR that I got. I like the delta triangle, but I'd like a brighter dot more. I don't get a very bright reticle, no matter what I do (aside from shooting a flashlight directly on to my fiber optic). 

You get what you pay for. Tru Glo red dots are cheap Chinese stuff. Their night sights for specific handguns are ok, replaced my FNX sights with some Tru Glo Tritiums, work well. Don't mention them in the same breath as a Trijicon however. Be happy you got the Trijicon. Besides as a 2%er, what is a few extra dollars?

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:41 AM, Robocop1051 said:

I own a G41 MOS with a Trijicon RMR

IMG_3998.JPG

If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone with a DeltaPoint Pro with the attached rear sight.

If you do like the RMR, I probably wouldn't suggest the tritium/fiber-optic RMR that I got. I like the delta triangle, but I'd like a brighter dot more. I don't get a very bright reticle, no matter what I do (aside from shooting a flashlight directly on to my fiber optic). 

What kinda trigger is on that 41 rig?

8 hours ago, The Father said:

The Pyramid Trigger maintain the Glock safe trigger?

It's nearly identical. The trigger shoe is slightly cut back and provides a flatter purchase for your finger. The safety's are all the same as stock. The trigger comes with several springs, but I kept the stock 5.5# spring. I only replaced the stock safety plunger with a TiN coated version. It just takes some of the grit out of the pull. I have the stock striker too. 

I put the maritime spring cup on the striker, just because. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

My wife carries the G19 MOS. She's not interested in a MRDS right now, but I think she'll cave eventually. 

I don't think she needs an optic on that thing - she shoots better than all of us anyway.  You put an optic on that gun of hers, and we're all fucked.  I'm just sayin'.

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't think she needs an optic on that thing - she shoots better than all of us anyway.  You put an optic on that gun of hers, and we're all fucked.  I'm just sayin'.

Just my luck, she won't want one until some crazy holographic, Call of Duty, uber expensive, SyFi shit comes out.... and it ends up costing me $2000!!!

Her: Ooooh that's the one I want!!!

Me: Whoa! That's way too expensive for a MRDS.

Her: How much did you spend on your last X amount of guns???

Me: ..... I got you free shipping from OpticsPlanet... Your MRDS is in the mail.

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Just my luck, she won't want one until some crazy holographic, Call of Duty, uber expensive, SyFi shit comes out.... and it ends up costing me $2000!!!

Her: Ooooh that's the one I want!!!

Me: Whoa! That's way too expensive for a MRDS.

Her: How much did you spend on your last X amount of guns???

Me: ..... I got you free shipping from OpticsPlanet... Your MRDS is in the mail.

Yeah, bet you won't try the expense tactic with her again...

:nutkick: