• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fishing yesterday

Sisco

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, washguy said:

Sisco      Oh man does that pic bring back memories  Down rigging...my favorite way to catch that bog ol striper down deep...Hell Yes...and that dinner pic...you got it going on brother!:thumbup:  Wash

Want to take this rig down to the Carolina reservoirs and try it on stripers sometime.

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

Want to take this rig down to the Carolina reservoirs and try it on stripers sometime.

Bring it to me....we got tons if stripers lake texoma....1hr fom the casa...I know that big ol lake like the back of my hand..winter time is the best time

:banana:   Wash

55 minutes ago, washguy said:

Bring it to me....we got tons if stripers lake texoma....1hr fom the casa...I know that big ol lake like the back of my hand..winter time is the best time

:banana:   Wash

I may well do that once I get these foot and ankle issues out of the way.

18 minutes ago, washguy said:

In the shape we are both in we can have the lake patrol ambulance boat follow us around....one of my best day's striper of fishing was during a snow storm !   michael jackson dance emoticonWash

:laffs::thumbup:

No fish on Friday, but I did get to watch a fight between a mature bald eagle and an immature one. The adult really went after the younger one in mid air. Then chased him for about a mile. No permanent harm done, I don't think. I have seen an eagle kill an osprey right off our house. That was pretty brutal. I recovered what was left of the osprey and turned it over to the WDNR for testing. They don't get a chance to test many endangered species for viruses, parasites, etc.

Edited by Sisco

On 10/8/2017 at 1:04 PM, Sisco said:

:laffs::thumbup:

No fish on Friday, but I did get to watch a fight between a mature bald eagle and an immature one. The adult really went after the younger one in mid air. Then chased him for about a mile. No permanent harm done, I don't think. I have seen an eagle kill an osprey right off our house. That was pretty brutal. I recovered what was left of the osprey and turned it over to the WDNR for testing. They don't get a chance to test many endangered species for viruses, parasites, etc.

That's crazy, I'd like to see one take out a duck! 

Last weekend we were sitting on the lake I met you on doing some scouting for duck hunting. My buddy and I were sitting there shooting the shit watching an immature on a point in a tree just watching the worth go by. Eagle takes off across the lake when I notice what looks to be a goose decoy under a fallen tree close to where the eagle was perched, all the sudden it moves. That's no decoy bet that's an injured bird and that eagle was eyeing him up. So we paddle into shore thinking we'll put this hurt goose down. As we paddle in goose swims out from under the tree into open water big flock flys over goose doesn't do anything kinda confirming it was hurt. Few boats go by and it swam back under the tree so my buddy and his dog sneak down shore put the goose out and sure shit someone winged it.

also sitting there we saw a mink which I have never ever seen down here 

probably told this alredy but i watched an eagle steal a downed duck 5 feet in front of the hunters dog.. the hunters were freaking out about the dog getting hurt but it was a planned attack from the eagel.. he went straight for the duck and ripped it right out of the water! epic! Im gonna try to get back to that lake this season!

15 hours ago, sketch said:

probably told this alredy but i watched an eagle steal a downed duck 5 feet in front of the hunters dog.. the hunters were freaking out about the dog getting hurt but it was a planned attack from the eagel.. he went straight for the duck and ripped it right out of the water! epic! Im gonna try to get back to that lake this season!

I think so and I think I said we had a juvi eying up our dec's durning teal season, then two weekends ago on the opener I'm not sure if it was a large red tail or a juvi bald eagle out the corner my eye we watched it swoop in like it was gonna grab a dec but then was like whao wtf somthing isn't right and pulled up and took off over the trees.

sorry to jack your thread sisco interested to hear about your excursion today

4 hours ago, shepp said:

I think so and I think I said we had a juvi eying up our dec's durning teal season, then two weekends ago on the opener I'm not sure if it was a large red tail or a juvi bald eagle out the corner my eye we watched it swoop in like it was gonna grab a dec but then was like whao wtf somthing isn't right and pulled up and took off over the trees.

sorry to jack your thread sisco interested to hear about your excursion today

No sweat. Anytime. This was the biggest research vessel on Lake Superior. We did three trawls to check the prey fish status. Unfortunately the water was still 60F 40 meters down. That is not good for a cold water lake. Climate change is unfortnatly real. So we found far fewer cold water fish. The crew was abunch of good guys including a couple of retired Coast Guard guys with Bering Sea experience. Learned a lot.

20171010_114502.jpg

20171010_074639.jpg