• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Shot 60 rounds of the replacement ammo with no issues today. Cases look fine, no signs of pressure, and it is as accurate as LC and Federal 55 gr.

Glad they got you some good ammo finally.  That other lot was dangerous.  Crazy.

I still don't like Midway's attitude through it all.  I don't need to support folks like that.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, guruofhotrod said:

Natchez is running Federal Independence XM193 on sale @ $299.99/1000 with free shipping through midnight tonight

http://enews.natchezss.com/q/T-tVO7JYSfWgsERx4KAyiXD8Ksnj6l3c5p8Kmk9cQaC4fGoQkQEPkKRcc

Be advised... Independence Ammo is loaded by IMI

And some of the first lots produced VERY high velocities.. and with high velocities comes High pressures.

Independence 55gr (XM193I).. FC 2,1, 13.................16" Av. 3195, ES 50.................20" Av. 3343, ES 94..........................Same type of headstamp as IMI 77gr , 4 MOA 

Edited by bfoosh006

4 hours ago, GRA said:

Glad they got you some good ammo finally.  That other lot was dangerous.  Crazy.

I still don't like Midway's attitude through it all.  I don't need to support folks like that.

GRA, sounds like you would complain if you were hung with a new rope! 

7 hours ago, mrmackc said:

GRA, sounds like you would complain if you were hung with a new rope! 

You won't get me to say much nice about Midway, knew there was an issue with the ammo, kept selling it and blew me off till they realized I wasn't going away and showed them I had threads posted about the issue on several gun boards. I tend to avoid retailers that treat me like that, even once.

22 hours ago, GRA said:

Would you complain if a squib load blew up in your face?

Have been there did that. Shooting rapid fire with a 1911 Govt mod.45 APC. Squib round stopped half way in barrel next round a lead semi-wadcutter blew stuck round out, the barrel swelled and jammed slide back.  Had to hammer the slide off. Only changed the barrel, tough old pistol.

I was just joking about getting hung with a new rope, I feel your pain about sorry ammo.

hope you are staying dry.  I have a cuz or two in Pasadena and in Deer Park.

8 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I was just joking about getting hung with a new rope, 

hope you are staying dry.  I have a cuz or two in Pasadena and in Deer Park.

Yes, I would complain about getting hung with a new rope.  If this grand event ever happens I want the chair.  Knowing my last event in life would be to run up the damn electrical bill would make me happier than a monkey in a coconut tree. :evil:

I'm in the DP school district but in Pasadena.  So far my house has remained dry (but it's been close).  If your family in this area needs assistance please let me know and where they're at so I can get to them.  I have a Ford Ranger pickup only but I can at least load folks in the back bed if necessary.

I will take a short ride later to see how are residential streets are.  We've just been told that anything east of I-45 will get another 5" - 10" of rain some time tonight but afterwards it should be the worst part done.

Tell your family to look and listen for cloud movement and funky wind noises.  We're about to have warm air and cooler air colliding again so we're not out of the danger zone for twisters.

1 minute ago, GRA said:

Yes, I would complain about getting hung with a new rope.  If this grand event ever happens I want the chair.  Knowing my last event in life would be to run up the damn electrical bill would make me happier than a monkey in a coconut tree. :evil:

I'm in the DP school district but in Pasadena.  So far my house has remained dry (but it's been close).  If your family in this area needs assistance please let me know and where they're at so I can get to them.  I have a Ford Ranger pickup only but I can at least load folks in the back bed if necessary.

I will take a short ride later to see how are residential streets are.  We've just been told that anything east of I-45 will get another 5" - 10" of rain some time tonight but afterwards it should be the worst part done.

Tell your family to look and listen for cloud movement and funky wind noises.  We're about to have warm air and cooler air colliding again so we're not out of the danger zone for twisters.

My 91 year old widowed Cuz is at her 70 year old daughters house, no electricity, but they are dry, so far after the rain stops the water has been draining down to street level.  They are using their cars to keep their I Phones charged (both are on Facebook).  

• 3 months later...

They have given me the confidence to buy their stuff in bulk now knowing they will back it up. The replacement ammo shot pretty damn good in several different weapons. It took a bit of prodding but Midway stepped up as well, still haven't shot the FGMM 185 juggernaut they sent as a replacement. 

• 4 weeks later...