• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 Nitrated 18", NB BCG, Gen 2 observations...

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/8/2017 at 8:14 PM, washguy said:

Good for you !   Thats what we wanna hear !   Hint hint  orange spring  best 20 bills you will spend   :thumbup:  Wash

I've got a large assortment of buffer springs and buffers from my 9mm blowback follies ... so I might try the Orange in the PRS stock.

Washguy , Thank you for the suggestion... I will try it.

I am kind of leaning toward as light a spring and buffer with the SLR adjustable gas block to help counter any muzzle dip from the extra power spring and BCG/ buffer mass.... when I tried the heavy spring and buffers in the 9MM Carbine, the muzzle dip was very noticeable.... so I would think the same would hold true here... we will see.

Welp.... the KAK heavy rifle length buffer ( 9.3oz ) showed up today as well !!

I will be swapping over to the Rifle length stock asap.... and firing again tomorrow.

Another side note... if you are considering a B.A.D. bolt release lever.... forget it... the is not enough room between the upper and the paddle for the BAD lever.

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Thank god there's one here - all questions, and complaints, get directed to HIM... :laffs::lmao:

4 hours ago, bfoosh006 said:

Be careful what you wish for !! :thumbup:

Well , none of us have a factory rifle to compare anything to , you the man !  At least you can compare measurements for component fit , like the BAD ambidextrous safety .:thumbup:

25 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

FWIW, I have a Hogue beavertail on mine and there's no gap. the beavertail is flexible and conforms to the LR. 

Also, thanks to OP for taking the time to post.

PA10 Grip.jpg

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section

2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

FWIW, I have a Hogue beavertail on mine and there's no gap. the beavertail is flexible and conforms to the LR. 

PA10 Grip.jpg

Bootscraper, what is your opinion of the stock trigger?

Just now, Sisco said:

Bootscraper, what is your opinion of the stock trigger?

Mirrors my opinion on anything stock....STOCK SUCKS. lol

But seriously, I bought a striped lower so I have no say in that regard. I installed a Velocity 3lb and I love it. Got it from WC Armory for a great price, $135 with LPK. It's damn near a Timney in a green suit. 

On 7/9/2017 at 11:05 AM, Boot_Scraper said:

PA10 Grip.jpg

Interesting... I am sure I have a Hogue grip around here... I will give it a try !! Thank You !!

Various ammo accuracy results... OEM stock pretty much sucks for reasonable bench shooting, IMHO.

And the recoil with it being overgassed is not helping ... so use your best bench techniques if you are going to stick with it being overgassed.

I am confident, that after changing to the SLR adjust. gas block and the Magpul PRS...it will be "easier" to achieve better groups.

Rifle configuration when these groups were fired...( So I remember )  OEM parts...Carbine buffer system, buffer spring, gas system, upper, lower, BCG, barrel.

Add-ons... KAK 5.5 oz, LaRue trigger, Magpul MOE+, Primary Arms 4-14 scope, tried the Tubbs Flatwire, and used the Tubbs CWS.

OEM various groups..... First the ugly...the red pasters are right at 1 inch

In order as they appear..

Black Hills 175gr TMK..

ZQI Ball FMJ

CBC/ Magtech Ball FMJ

SSA Accubond 165gr... NOTE the much smaller group is not part of the SSA. the bigger then my hand group is the SSA... including the 2 out in the black pasters !!

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

Crap... I forgot... 100yds, benched, scoped Primary Arms 4-14 x 44, bagged front and rear, reasonably slow steady fire.

Win. 147gr Ball FMJ

Eagle Eye 175gr SMK... ( way to hot of a load, I could feel it, and the brass case head showed nasty smears etc. )

Black Hills 168gr SMK Moly coated.... not bad for 25+ year old ammo.

Hornady TAP ELD Match 168gr

Hornady TAP ELD Match 168gr "AR"

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG