• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Why we cant have nice things

blue109

Went to the indoor range this morning to play with the Q5. as im cleaning up, some ladies come over and ask me to "fix their gun". Its one of those bull barrel .22s with brass stuck in the chamber. Must have been pounding on it because it was practically staked in. I manage to get it out but I dont know how to take those apart and didnt care enough to try so I suggested they ask the range guy to run a cleaning rod through it just to be sure there wasnt a squib. Range expert struts over to investigate while im talking to them. Says im sure its fine. I agree, and say id still check to be sure. Just takes a sec. Mr range expert takes the gun from the lady, spins it around and looks down the muzzle...says "its fine" and then points it at my face to show me. I instinctively duck sideways and the douchebag LAUGHS and says "its obviously unloaded" and shakes his head at me. I just stared at him..said wow.. (because I was speechless at that point) and walked out. this is why I shoot in the desert. 

Edited by blue109

47 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Went to the indoor range this morning to play with the Q5. as im cleaning up, some ladies come over and ask me to "fix their gun". Its one of those bull barrel .22s with brass stuck in the chamber. Must have been pounding on it because it was practically staked in. I manage to get it out but I dont know how to take those apart and didnt care enough to try so I suggested they ask the range guy to run a cleaning rod through it just to be sure there wasnt a squib. Range expert struts over to investigate while im talking to them. Says im sure its fine. I agree, and say id still check to be sure. Just takes a sec. Mr range expert takes the gun from the lady, spins it around and looks down the muzzle...says "its fine" and then points it at my face to show me. I instinctively duck sideways and the douchebag LAUGHS and says "its obviously unloaded" and shakes his head at me. I just stared at him..said wow.. (because I was speechless at that point) and walked out. this is why I shoot in the desert. 

Brother you were in your rights to put that clown on the floor. At least make sure the top dog at the range knows about it. If he is the top dog, heaven help us all.:nutkick:

I get looking down the muzzle to inspect, do it myself all the time with pistols. I was taught to visually inspect the chamber, put my thumb or finger in the chamber opening ,position the weapon so a little light can reflect off my finger and look down the muzzle. Now pointing it at someone is a whole different thing, guy is lucky you didn't break his wrist grabbing the weapon. It would be hard for me to go back to that range when that RO was working.

I would have said something , thats bad practice to point a firearm at anything but the Targets . He should have been reprimanded & I would wonder if he should continue as a Range Safety officer . If front of the people who were not to experienced in firearms & this DOO DOO showed them the wrong thing to do !

I dont know for sure he was a RSO. may have just been a register monkey, but he was an employee so it doesnt make a huge difference to me. I thought of 100 things I wish I said or did soon as I got home, but at that moment I was just kinda dumbfounded.  I never look at the business end of a barrel unless its removed from the firearm.