• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 GEN 2 "Works For Me".

Inthebushes

Finally able to get a PA10 upper, but not from PSA.  Installed a 20 inch 308 bull barrel, H3 buffer, UTG Pro 17 m-lok, Toolcraft bcg, and SLR adjustable gas block.  The lower was all PSA, but for trigger (RRA Varmint), and stock.  Lancer L7 10 rd magazine,  highly recommend these mags.  The hand guard by the way fits perfect.  I've seen a lot of questions about what handguards will fit, I'm sure there are many, but these work well, not fancy, not expensive, and made in the good old USA.  Did not have any factory ammo, but had loaded 100 rounds of weak seconds bullets just for the break in on this gun.  Closed the SLR off,  then open 4 clicks, shot the 100 rounds, I was shocked.  Not one problem, no signs of wear, 3:00 o'clock ejection, no nothing.  Completely different experience than my first attempt with another rifle.  All the negative reviews and comments about the PA10, had me worried, but just wasn't the case for me.  I didn't really worry about accuracy since I was shooting crap, but it wasn't horrible.  I'll load some decent bullets today and work on that, but as far as function goes, PA10 GEN scored 100 out of 100!

IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.69522892f34f6340c96315c4fa7ba557.JPGIMG_0004.thumb.JPG.f2cdb506dd76ccefb28916b38c025686.JPG

6 hours ago, Inthebushes said:

Boot-Scaper this is how the 250 yard target looks.  Rained all day in GA today, it was a good day to shoot.  The gun still has had no issues.  Grouping around 4 inches at 250.  I would have posted a target pic, but was to lazy to go out in the rain.

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.cc6026d7a745600cab591dbd48d73ae6.JPG

Real nice! 

B4dtkkkCQAAdSi0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

PA10 at 250 yards in the hurricane wind today.  Ten to 15 mph cross wind.  Didn't think I would even hit the paper, I'm not the best shot on a good day.  Using 175 RDF at around 2600, 1 click left.  Probably not a great group by you guys standards, but for me, I'll take it.  I usually just don't shoot if it's windy.IMG_0308.thumb.JPG.71c194d5ca94f625520e842b903daf78.JPG

15 minutes ago, Inthebushes said:

PA10 at 250 yards in the hurricane wind today.  Ten to 15 mph cross wind.  Didn't think I would even hit the paper, I'm not the best shot on a good day.  Using 175 RDF at around 2600, 1 click left.  Probably not a great group by you guys standards, but for me, I'll take it.  I usually just don't shoot if it's windy.

That isn't a bad group for 250 in the wind. Keep shooting, it will get better as you get to know your rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting handloads.  RDF is Nosler target bullet acronym for Reduced Drag Factor, I think; not a fan so far but haven't given up.  I pulled the 308 barrel and replaced with a 243 Win barrel.  I loaded some bulk package 70 grain Speer TNTs, that I usually load for Juniors plinking ammo, at minimum charge 38 Varget, and holy cow.

19 minutes ago, Inthebushes said:

Shooting handloads.  RDF is Nosler target bullet acronym for Reduced Drag Factor, I think; not a fan so far but haven't given up.  I pulled the 308 barrel and replaced with a 243 Win barrel.  I loaded some bulk package 70 grain Speer TNTs, that I usually load for Juniors plinking ammo, at minimum charge 38 Varget, and holy cow.

Hard to compare Barrels & Calibers , far too many variables , plus you already had this load made up to shoot well in another rifle , 243 is a good caliber  .  With the right Barrel & loads the 308 is more then capable of producing the same results . Good to see the rifle is shooting good though .:thumbup:

Agree.  I just can't seem to get the 308 to group well, but I'm not finished.  I have tried the 175 Nosler RFD and the 168 Hornady ELD.  The Nosler was a tad better, but essentially the same.  Some 150 SSTs have shown the most promise but I really want to be in the 175-78 range.  The 243 barrel was bought on a whim because it was on sale and so cheap, but it is an accurate little female dog.  The Boss and Junior went to the county fair this evening, so I ran down and ran 5 more just to check it cold.  If you throw out the cold barrel shot, this group was better than the other one.  

IMG_0016.thumb.JPG.2336457fecf44b74c628cf3fd7fd92f9.JPG

• 1 month later...