• Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inthebushes

PA10 GEN 2 "Works For Me".

8 posts in this topic

Finally able to get a PA10 upper, but not from PSA.  Installed a 20 inch 308 bull barrel, H3 buffer, UTG Pro 17 m-lok, Toolcraft bcg, and SLR adjustable gas block.  The lower was all PSA, but for trigger (RRA Varmint), and stock.  Lancer L7 10 rd magazine,  highly recommend these mags.  The hand guard by the way fits perfect.  I've seen a lot of questions about what handguards will fit, I'm sure there are many, but these work well, not fancy, not expensive, and made in the good old USA.  Did not have any factory ammo, but had loaded 100 rounds of weak seconds bullets just for the break in on this gun.  Closed the SLR off,  then open 4 clicks, shot the 100 rounds, I was shocked.  Not one problem, no signs of wear, 3:00 o'clock ejection, no nothing.  Completely different experience than my first attempt with another rifle.  All the negative reviews and comments about the PA10, had me worried, but just wasn't the case for me.  I didn't really worry about accuracy since I was shooting crap, but it wasn't horrible.  I'll load some decent bullets today and work on that, but as far as function goes, PA10 GEN scored 100 out of 100!

IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.69522892f34f6340c96315c4fa7ba557.JPGIMG_0004.thumb.JPG.f2cdb506dd76ccefb28916b38c025686.JPG

Congratulations on getting your rifle working without problems. :thumbup: It seems that PSA figured things out with their gen2.  There many success stories on the forum recently. 

Seems like the guys are getting a handle on this rifle.:thumbup:

Nevermind the rifle. That's an awesome "shooting range" you got there. 

Back to the rifle, congrats! Looks good. 

Excellent! Nice write up.

Well done, good looking rifle.

Glad PSA is finally getting it together. So many horror stories in the past.

Boot-Scaper this is how the 250 yard target looks.  Rained all day in GA today, it was a good day to shoot.  The gun still has had no issues.  Grouping around 4 inches at 250.  I would have posted a target pic, but was to lazy to go out in the rain.

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.cc6026d7a745600cab591dbd48d73ae6.JPG

6 hours ago, Inthebushes said:

Boot-Scaper this is how the 250 yard target looks.  Rained all day in GA today, it was a good day to shoot.  The gun still has had no issues.  Grouping around 4 inches at 250.  I would have posted a target pic, but was to lazy to go out in the rain.

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.cc6026d7a745600cab591dbd48d73ae6.JPG

Real nice! 

B4dtkkkCQAAdSi0.jpg