• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stumbled in from Texas

Strafer

Hi guys, I jumped on an Aero Precision 6.5 Creedmoor "blem" barrel from Midsouth, thinking I could build an upper for my AR-15! HA HA! Quickly found out I needed to build an AR-10 around that mutha! It's a nice 22" heavy stainless. Momma ain't gonna be happy when (if) she finds out I'm starting another rifle build! She wants me thin the herd, not grow it! I figure it's gonna cost me at least a grand to build this baby not counting optics. Thinking of going Aero Precision for the upper, lower, and handguard ... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 11:29 AM, Strafer said:

Thinking of going Aero Precision for the upper, lower, and handguard ... 

That's a solid decision, right there.  Welcome aboard.

I just finished another build on that setup, AP upper, lower, handguard, in DPMS pattern. Used all Armalite AR-10 guts.  Armalite AR-10 Carbine recoil system complete, Armalite AR-10 13.5" barrel, complete AR-10 BCG, and Armalite 3-Gun brake to get that barrel over 16" OAL. Runs flawless. 

Armalite guts do run in DPMS-based receivers.  DPMS guts will run in Armalite AR-10 receivers (but I don't know why anyone would do that...)...

I would suggest that if you're running a collapsible stock setup, that you run the Armalite AR-10 Carbine recoil system - if you do, it's one less thing to troubleshoot and diagnose on a DPMS-based 308AR, because it WILL run flawlessly. If you end up with a cycling issue, it will not be because of mis-matched recoil system components...   :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Straf    Hire ya a gun bearer to tote that thing around....they get heavy real quick....don't they?:thumbup:      toolcraft has some deals going on bcg's so does red barn armory        Wash

aerobcg 169   https://aeroprecisionusa.com/308-bolt-carrier-group-phosphate.html?avad=48247_e105b05f5

black nitride better for cheaper is my motto  https://sunnystateoutdoors.com/collections/bolt-carrier-groups/products/alpha-nitride-308-bolt-carrier-group

toolcraft NIB bcg 139 bills    http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/toolcraft-ar10-nickel-boron-bolt-carrier-group/

Edited by washguy