• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New here, but not to AR's

jegcdn

Hi everyone,  

Looks like an interesting site.  

I like the fact you refer to it as 308AR, as there are so many renditions of this firearm out there by various makers.

I happen to own some original Armalite AR10's, Portugese and Sudanese (Netherlands manufacture).  Some are complete and functional, others need a few parts to complete their restoration to working examples.  Very different from the current renditions which I jokingly refer to as "12.5's"  Since they basically are .308 dimensions ("AR10") from the front half of the lower forward and .223 dimensions ("AR15") through the rear ;)  LOL

I enjoy all variations of these models and own and build "AR" style rifles and pistols in a variety of calibers.

I am a licensed gunsmith, own a shop, but am NOT here for business purposes.  Many guns of this style grace my own collection and I use them, personally, regularly.  

The main reason I have come here is to attempt to track down and acquire original AR10 parts to complete restorations of some of the examples in my collection.

Look forward to contributing where I can to the various forums.

:)