• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New here and a couple questions..

Liberty1776

And boy is my face red.  Should have read a lot here before jumping in but - bought an AR-10B lower.  Then bought a DPMS upper.   Imagine my surprise when I went to introduce them to each other.  Now, in defense of both sellers  - they clearly indicated what they had, even stating the upper was DPMS compatible.  I blame myself for not pulling my head out of my butt and thinking about that words actually have meaning.  

So - my issue.  Does it make more sense to find an AR-10B compatible upper, or get a DPMS compatible lower...?  I am not a hard-core user BTW - this gun will just be used for fun shooting...  and if the consensus is to stay with the AR-10B, any references for a good source for the upper.  (Reasonably priced pleased - is under $450 possible?)   Thank you for any input...

Armalite products are pricey, but high quality. The biggest problem with B model Armalite lowers is that you are limited to their proprietary Gen 2 magazines which are a little pricey and sometimes hard to get. The magazines are great quality however.  I think a DPMS lower would be easier to get, and would give you more magazine options. If you were going to go the top of the line SASS or Super SASS or 10T Armalite uppers for the best accuracy you could possibly get without getting into custom barrels and parts, then go the Armalite route.

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

Build the DPMS and sell me the Armalite lower cheap :evil:

Seriously though, concentrate on the DPMS first then just keep yours eyes peeled for a good deal on an Armalite B model upper.

^^^  What he said - you will not be able to use the Armalite A Model upper, because there is a difference.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, Liberty1776 said:

Thank you. I appreciate that info...

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section

think i would agree with others, build that dpms, learn from that then think about what to do with the other