• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

12 Strong; this will be good.

98Z5V

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, survivalshop said:

Even though a couple of the war fighters that participated were advising for it , Commiewood still made it . They have more ways to fuk up real life events for sensationalism & fantasy .

I'll probably go see it, but I always wonder how badly Hollyweird will muck up a true life story. They didn't for "13 Hours", they didn't for "The Darkest Hour", so you never know.

52 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Did our side win? I kinda like it when our side wins like Iwo Jima and all of them Tom Clancy movies (Hunt for Red  October) 

The movies don’t do the books any kind of justice. Jack Ryan novels are some of the best out there. He also did really well with the books on “The Campus”

57 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Did our side win? I kinda like it when our side wins like Iwo Jima and all of them Tom Clancy movies (Hunt for Red  October) 

History has proven that what these men did, resulted in how quickly a few SF ODAs smoked the Taliban in the opening days of the conflict after 9/11.  :thumbup:

There is a book out about this one specifically, and the book isn't that old.  There are a few older books out there that talk about their actions, as they pertained to (what turned into) the larger operation. 

This is an excellent book on the opening days:

81v1j-xyvQL.jpg

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

History has proven that what these men did, resulted in how quickly a few SF ODAs smoked the Taliban in the opening days of the conflict after 9/11.  :thumbup:

There is a book out about this one specifically, and the book isn't that old.  There are a few older books out there that talk about their actions, as they pertained to (what turned into) the larger operation. 

This is an excellent book on the opening days:

81v1j-xyvQL.jpg

Thanks 98, I was able to find all of the Dalton Fury books on Amazon for my Kindle Fire HD,  downloaded it for $9.99!

• 2 months later...

Finally popped up on my download site. Entertaining. Cant touch 13hours or lone survivor though.  Seemed a little hollywooded out with the scenes of a small group of horses charging past multiple vehicle mounted heavy machine guns. I imagine Last Samurai is a more likely outcome of that scenario.  I didnt like Chris Hemsworth as the lead, but the rest of the cast was solid. They did have alot of sweet authentic combat vehicles. 

The real story is amazing. I think they could have done a little better on the movie. Was still pretty good. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...