Radical Firearms

ARTrooper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was able to shoot 21 rounds between the sprinkles before it went full on downpoor. so far so good with the rifle, no issues at all. need to locktight the scope mount though because it loosened up. 

Yesterday I also got 40 rds of 125gr Nosler match grade ballistic tip hunting rounds in the mail.

20180501_195257.thumb.jpg.b814c88c0a1299bb3f1b525ea2872f38.jpg

Should be able to take some deer with this. Better ballistics than most of the 30-30 win rounds out there, although there are a few that have the 300blk beat. I think with the average shot of around 100 yards where I plan to use it at, it will do just fine. 

28 minutes ago, sketch said:

your not affraid of the rain are you!? pics or it dont count... glad you got to pop the cherry on you new stick! 

not afraid of the rain, but I don't want my new rifle out in it unless necessary. I can show you pics of the brass. lol. but it is still downpooring. supposed to get golf ball sized hail at 2am

Quote”Should be able to take some deer with this. Better ballistics than most of the 30-30 win rounds out there, although there are a few that have the 300blk beat. I think with the average shot of around 100 yards where I plan to use it at, it will do just fine.”

I would think so. If yours is similar to mine, it is a nice light handy rifle. I was shooting subsonic at 100 yards the other day, being so windy and the lower velocity of the subs, my groups weren’t that great, but in the past it has done well with supersonic rounds. I wouldn’t think twice about using it for Wisconsin deer.

•  
Edited by Sisco

Yeah I will only be hunting deer with supersonics, and so far the rifle is more accurate than some of my hunting rifles, so I am confident that it will humanely take a deer. 

All you fckers got me looking at suppressors I can't afford now though. I love and hate you all.

• 4 months later...

Ok guys, so Christmas and my birthday is coming up. I am looking into a few things that my family can buy me to improve my 300 blk without breaking the bank. Could use some help finding inexpensive improvements for my budget rifle. 

Worst thing on the rifle is the trigger, but that is already covered with plans on a LaRue trigger.

Next is the ambi safety selector. It's a bit sluggish and instead of smoothly flipping on and off, you have to push it through its full 90 degree rotation or it will stop somewhere in the middle. I never had any problems with any mil spec shape or feel. could use some input here on an inexpensive replacement that won't disappoint and don't need anything fancy.

Muzzle device I would like to replace also. It currently has a birdcage on it but I would like to get a decent muzzle brake that will reduce muzzle rise for faster follow up shots.  I don't expect this to be the final muzzle device to go on the rifle because I would like a suppressor eventually. Mainly I am just looking for a low cost improvement until I can afford a suppressor and a different muzzle brake that would go with said suppressor. So low cost is paramount, no point spending over $80 since it isn't going to be permanent.

A weapon mounted light is also another thing I would like (and might even use it for work), as I have already shot a few night time critters with the 300 blk. I used a sure fire while in the military, but I can't and don't want to spend that much on a tac light. I was thinking a streamlight ProTac possibly, but would take other suggestions for an affordable light. I would like it to be able to use a remote pressure switch though.

So let me know what you guys think would be good. I have been very impressed with the rifle so far and love how much harder the 300 blk hits on target compared to 5.56.

19 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Ok guys, so Christmas and my birthday is coming up. I am looking into a few things that my family can buy me to improve my 300 blk without breaking the bank. Could use some help finding inexpensive improvements for my budget rifle. 

Worst thing on the rifle is the trigger, but that is already covered with plans on a LaRue trigger.

Next is the ambi safety selector. It's a bit sluggish and instead of smoothly flipping on and off, you have to push it through its full 90 degree rotation or it will stop somewhere in the middle. I never had any problems with any mil spec shape or feel. could use some input here on an inexpensive replacement that won't disappoint and don't need anything fancy.

Muzzle device I would like to replace also. It currently has a birdcage on it but I would like to get a decent muzzle brake that will reduce muzzle rise for faster follow up shots.  I don't expect this to be the final muzzle device to go on the rifle because I would like a suppressor eventually. Mainly I am just looking for a low cost improvement until I can afford a suppressor and a different muzzle brake that would go with said suppressor. So low cost is paramount, no point spending over $80 since it isn't going to be permanent.

A weapon mounted light is also another thing I would like (and might even use it for work), as I have already shot a few night time critters with the 300 blk. I used a sure fire while in the military, but I can't and don't want to spend that much on a tac light. I was thinking a streamlight ProTac possibly, but would take other suggestions for an affordable light. I would like it to be able to use a remote pressure switch though.

So let me know what you guys think would be good. I have been very impressed with the rifle so far and love how much harder the 300 blk hits on target compared to 5.56.

#1.  Ambi safety.  I won't kid you. There's really only one way to go, and you know what I'm gonna say.  The BAD-ASS.  You're LEO - get your a$s on DSG Arms and send in your credentials, so you get your MIL/LEO discount. Snatch your BAD-ASS from them. It's gonna be around $40 for the basic setup - standard long side and short side.  It's the smoothest ambi out there, and I've tried a few others. They don't compare. 

#2.  The VG6 muzzle devices are pretty damn good, and you can find deal on them. The Epsilon is a combination brake/comp/flash hider, and it's good.  The Gamma is just a brake/comp combination.  Any suppressor that you can attach to an A2, you can attach to those.  

#3.  I'm a big fan of Dtreamlight weapons lights.  You could even toss a pistol light on a piece of pic rail on the side of your rifle - they have a LOT of lights, brother.   

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

#1.  Ambi safety.  I won't kid you. There's really only one way to go, and you know what I'm gonna say.  The BAD-ASS.  You're LEO - get your a$s on DSG Arms and send in your credentials, so you get your MIL/LEO discount. Snatch your BAD-ASS from them. It's gonna be around $40 for the basic setup - standard long side and short side.  It's the smoothest ambi out there, and I've tried a few others. They don't compare. 

Ok, you talked me into it. Still willing to take other ideas someone else might have.

Tom, what's your favorite lever for the bad-ass? I see they have several variations. 

#2.  The VG6 muzzle devices are pretty damn good

Have already been drooling over them... but was hoping there might be something cheaper that would work well. Might be where I go unless there are other ideas.

#3.  I'm a big fan of Dtreamlight weapons lights.

Me too. they are relatively inexpensive, and work really well. my pistol light and main flash light for work are streamlights.

4 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Tom, what's your favorite lever for the bad-ass? I see they have several variations.

Standard long on the strong side, standard short on the other.  This one:

0014886_battle-arms-ambidextrous-safety-

Price went up at DSG - margins must have been cut.  It's $47.25 with discount.

Edited by 98Z5V

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 1:30 AM, ARTrooper said:

How are you for socks and underwear brother ?