• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

Log Out DIPA quadruple dry hopped brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore NY. Distributed by 12%. Some malt and citrus aromas. Upfront you get a mellow fresh melon and some ripe mango papaya flavors. Hints of sour, like a ripe fresh lemon or lime balanced with a sweet creaminess, reminds me of a milkshake. Another very good beer from these guys, super beers at a reasonable cost, getting more for sure!

IMG_3185.thumb.jpg.aa69382f012401e58c026b79f11dc45b.jpg

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nugmo IPA from Toppling Goliath in Decorah Iowa. Aroma is all orange. Taste starts with a mild pineapple juice bend then goes to a ripe citrus, mandarin orange flavor. It finishes with a slightly dry and mildly pithy bitter. A  sip seems to turn into a gulp without even a thought………

IMG_3196.thumb.jpg.d0f7247b5ff9bd65dac6222f65b9733e.jpg

Fire, Skulls, & Money IPA  from Toppling Goliath in Decorah Iowa. This is the second batch of this I have tried, guarantee I will try a third when it comes! Some pineapple and melon up front with a ripe citrus right behind. Finish has a mild pine and floral bitter that is balanced perfectly with a touch of sweet. Easy drinking but with a little body to it, get some.

IMG_3199.thumb.jpg.3a46e110ea2ec5ead07e1a795676c16a.jpg

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

Fire, Skulls, & Money IPA  from Toppling Goliath in Decorah Iowa. This is the second batch of this I have tried, guarantee I will try a third when it comes! Some pineapple and melon up front with a ripe citrus right behind. Finish has a mild pine and floral bitter that is balanced perfectly with a touch of sweet. Easy drinking but with a little body to it, get some.

IMG_3199.thumb.jpg.3a46e110ea2ec5ead07e1a795676c16a.jpg

It was my favorite From them till sun reaper 

29 minutes ago, shepp said:

I don’t do good reviews like JT but I’m sitting on my deck enjoying the fruits of my labor 

226BD01C-9100-44BA-A1F4-67C5BBB9A42A.jpeg

54E4D0DB-7EE1-44FD-BFBD-F01975AB40DE.jpeg

3F0B041A-47E3-4226-A348-2320CF977985.jpeg

I don’t care for any of the Gose I have tried but what you’ve shown me of Brewing Projekt I wouldn’t hesitate to grab that. Never thought tea and beer would work but they proved me wrong there for sure :thumbup: When I get up that way this summer you will have to steer me to a place I can grab some of their brew. 

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I don’t care for any of the Gose I have tried but what you’ve shown me of Brewing Projekt I wouldn’t hesitate to grab that. Never thought tea and beer would work but they proved me wrong there for sure :thumbup: When I get up that way this summer you will have to steer me to a place I can grab some of their brew. 

It was in the light end of any gose if had. They’re outta Eau Claire which is kinda near where you’ll be 

Straight Bars IPA by Short Throw Brewing Co, distributed by 12%. Has a very faint tropical fruit aroma. Has pineapple, citrus, and melon flavors but super mild. Sweet with very little hop bitter. Good, well maybe just ok, kind of weak. I won't bother with this one again but if you like a mellower IPA then give it a go.

IMG_3206.thumb.jpg.6ebc2ce69b817802d8fa556851a5f5c9.jpg

Cop and Go IPA by Short Throw Brewing Co. of North Haven Conn, distributed by 12%. Has a mild citrus aroma with a floral note. Has notes of lemon and grapefruit to start, touch of sweet juicy fruit gum in the middle, a grassy note with a dry pithy bitter at the finish. A good solid hazy IPA.

IMG_3210.jpg

Granny Smith's Delicious Gala Macintosh Apple Streusel sour IPA brewed and canned by Evil Twin Brewing in North Haven, CT. Smells like green apples and a hint of pastry. Flavor starts out with a sour tart but quickly goes to a sweeter apple tart. Hints of cinnamon and brown sugar balance the sour and sweet. I usually don't care for sours but this one I like.

This should be drank a bit on the warm side, maybe 50-55 F. The sour declines and then it exudes apple strudel, a great dessert beer! 

IMG_3214.thumb.jpg.069571f07237bb8ce25f37d6b04ecdf0.jpg

Edited by jtallen83
Even better as it warms

Mancuerda  DIPA, from Nightmare Brewing, brewed and canned by  Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Nightmare Brewing and distributed by 12%.  Has a sweet floral aroma with a hint of citrus. Sweet tea with lemon is the first thing I thought of when I took a sip. The sweetness keeps going, pink cotton candy and bubble gum, just when the sweetness starts to be too much it finishes with a mild and dry citrus pith bitter, still on the sweet side though. Real creamy and no hint of the 10% ABV.

IMG_3217.thumb.jpg.bc81fa608ae5db294f99c5f9cae9a9f0.jpg

ETA Six Hours? No Problem. I'm Sure Your Hamptons Party Is Totally Worth The Drive, DIPA brewed and canned by Evil Twin Brewing in North Haven, CT. Pineapple and grapefruit on the nose with a hint of fresh bread. Very tropical, guava, papaya, mango, pineapple, blood orange, hell I don't know the flavor just keeps moving. A hint of that pithy dry bitter but balanced with a touch of sweet. Very good stuff, I will buy more.

IMG_3232.thumb.jpg.1743d51fd0671773fedcc60d94e6a868.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apple Crumb Cake from Decadent Ales, brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass.  Has a green apple aroma, you can smell the sour. Flavor is not near as sour as the aroma would indicate. Crumb cake isn't what I get, I get a dead ringer for Mom's sour cream apple pie, lots of cream with a little bit of apple. Hints of spice like cinnamon and nutmeg with just enough sweet to balance the sour apple flavor. Not a crusher for a hot afternoon but a great desert beer!

IMG_3292.thumb.jpg.00eaec701dd8c47ba0be369cc7cab404.jpg

asmr frisson 001 Sour ale brewed with wild blueberry rolled oats and milk sugar,  Brewed and canned for Stillwater Artisanal by Dorechester Brewing of Boston, Mass. and Distributed by 12%. Has a mild sour fruit aroma. Has a good blast of fizzy sour up front then transitions to a milder blueberry tart crossed with a blueberry shake. Very light and fizzy. Maybe these sours are starting to grow on me, super refreshing, crisp and clean in the mouth. If you like wild blueberry then get some, it won't disappoint.

IMG_3306.thumb.jpg.07129aac80c7f43e5335856dee6c681a.jpg

Fathers day so I treated myself to two today, Tickling The Ivories IPA brewed and canned for Hoof Hearted Brewing by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore NY. It has a tropical fruit and melon aroma, just a hint of breadiness. First flavor up reminded me of ripe cantaloupe, goes to a mild pithy bitter but balanced very well with a touch of citrus sweet. Finishes with a mild pine and fresh floral note. Real creamy smooth, rich but not super heavy. A very well done FRESH tasting IPA!

IMG_3312.thumb.jpg.64cfe1d3c894eaab6e035234035740eb.jpg

Chill Hop DIPA from Exile Brewing in Des Moines, Iowa. Has a hint of pine, juicy fruit gum, and fresh cut grass. WOW, unusual but so tasty, deep flavors. Some ripe melon sweet and mild pine up front. Hints of juicy fruit gum in the middle with a piney dank finish. Very well balanced between sweet and bitter, creamy goodness!

IMG_3334.thumb.jpg.0546e989023d06f1ecee572ef48a43b6.jpg

WOWZA! Lo-Cal Hazy IPA  from Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. I was not paying attention, thought it said local not lo-cal. Has that nice citrus lemony hop aroma. Has a watered down citrus hop flavor, just what I would expect from a low calorie beer. Hopefully my error will keep someone else from making the same mistake, not disgusting but not good.

IMG_3344.thumb.jpg.8d6ca7ae3cf9d875f83c8fd5516a79b4.jpg

All Y'all Hazy IPA from Prairie Artisan Ales. Aromas of stone fruit and melon, very pleasant. Has a peachy note up front, melons, a touch of tangerine in the middle. As it fades you get a touch of pithy biter that balances out the sweet and carries a spicy note in the finish. They are real proud of their beers and rightfully so on this one!

IMG_3371.jpg

Gunga Rao sour IPA, brewed by  Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Nightmare Brewing and distributed by 12%. I can smell the sour, bit of citrus and bread as well. Sour is like a not quite ripe pineapple, a real juicy beer, citrus, mint, a coconut creaminess. I can more than just tolerate this sour, I actually really like it.

IMG_3394.thumb.jpg.f91597bd768e91f8eb2eff021c21a890.jpg