• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

On 8/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, jtallen83 said:

Sweet Jane Key Lime Milkshake Style NEIPA with Key Lime Puree and Vanilla. Brewed by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore N.Y. for Fat Orange Cat, distributed by 12%. Has that citrusy hop aroma with a hint of key lime pie. Flavor starts with a bit of pucker, tart fresh lime at the start that rolls into that citrusy New England hazy flavor. The finish is all about key lime pie with that creamy meringue on top. Crazy how close to the real thing they can get a beer to taste but then still taste like beer, doesn't make sense but taste great, a sour I can handle!

IMG_2027.thumb.jpg.37b9d5db7805d16702697a648fda56dd.jpg

Key lime pie is my fav! I have tried a lot of “key lime pie beers” this one was by far THEE BEST

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't Fear The Blender, Tropical Fruit Smoothie IPA from Clown Shoes in Massachusetts. The aroma is dead on the label, all that fruit is right there on the nose, it smells sweet. Flavor is the same, ticks off all the fruits on the label, even has a little Juicy Fruit gum note. Not as sweet as it smells, at first you get a little of the fruity sweet but it rapidly goes to a fresh hops dank, pine, citrus pith, those notes, not overbearing bitter just enough to balance out the fruity sweet and let you know it's a beer not a smoothie. I find myself taking deep swigs of this one……..

IMG_2108.thumb.jpg.8db75788f2afe05c0b04de42f7f1cd4b.jpg

Omaha's Brickway Brewery Coffee Vanilla Stout, Omaha, NE. Has a smokey chocolate aroma, hints of caramel. Healthy smoke component to the flavor, not heavy just healthy, mostly up front giving a dark chocolate flavor that fades into coffee and vanilla. There is a caramel/toffee thing happening in there as well. A good bit of carbonation, more than I usually see with this style beer. A touch of sweet and a bit of bitter, very well balanced for rapid consumption. 

IMG_2117.thumb.jpg.13810e5ec9861d775a27b5c55e127c62.jpg

Fairy Nectar IPA from Kross Strain Brewing co. in LaVista Nebraska. It smells like nectar, stone fruit, tropical notes like pineapple and mango. The fruit keeps coming strong in the mouth, real juicy feel with a creamy fruit juice flavor, rolls from a sweet more stone fruit flavor into a citrus tropical thing with the bitter increasing to the end with a dank and piney hop flavor. There is a bit of a caramel malt backbone but hops and all the different flavors they give are the main attraction, all of them get a line in this play. A very tasty IPA, watch for this brewery.

IMG_2128.thumb.jpg.50804b42917a6be21f9d4e824451a44a.jpg

Lorenzo The Beer Cat NEIPA  brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass. for Fat Orange Cat and distributed by 12%. Has a mild citrusy aroma, a little fruity. Taste is outstanding, lots of fruity goodness, mango, cantaloupe, a little citrus, nothing over powering just a crisp clean harmony of flavor. There is a malty backbone with a hint of caramel and a real creamy rich mouth feel, sweet like a lactose beer. The finish has a touch of that hops bitter but just enough to balance the sweet. This is one outstanding beer, I will find more!

IMG_2138.thumb.jpg.48e6ab64672e78815a6ce0cc2f104dd0.jpg

Hulk Hands Dry Hopped Gose from Prairie Artisan Ales, brewed and canned by Krebs Brewing C in Krebs, OK. Has a faint sour aroma with a little bread mixed in. Taste follows with just a faint sour and a malty bread dough flavor. It does have a very mild hop bitter at the finish. Sours are not usually my thing but this has a crisp, refreshing flavor, light enough to be a good chugger.

IMG_2156.thumb.jpg.8a993af28fef7af87fe018f731bfc9bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Not the poon variety. 

I had a friend here at the lake that kept saying he had a Poon-Tang boat, actually it was a Tracker Party pontoon boat, with a full sized bed under the canopy.  He said it was used for Poon-Tang stuff. He did very little fishing for fishes. KWIM?

Mornin' Latte Imperial Coffee Milk Stout by Toppling Goliath Brewing of Dechora Iowa. Has a sweet chocolate coffee aroma and an inky black color. Taste is loud and deep, dark chocolate, rich coffee, with a creamy sweetness. There is a smoky backbone, not overbearing smoke but enough bitter to balance the creamy sweetness. Mouth feel is rich and thick. This is an outstanding stout!

IMG_2176.thumb.jpg.b2eb76c8457576211f10d16d5f910723.jpg

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Mornin' Latte Imperial Coffee Milk Stout by Toppling Goliath Brewing of Dechora Iowa. Has a sweet chocolate coffee aroma and an inky black color. Taste is loud and deep, dark chocolate, rich coffee, with a creamy sweetness. There is a smoky backbone, not overbearing smoke but enough bitter to balance the creamy sweetness. Mouth feel is rich and thick. This is an outstanding stout!

IMG_2176.thumb.jpg.b2eb76c8457576211f10d16d5f910723.jpg

We didn’t get that here 😳😳😳

• 3 weeks later...

The Art of Mixing a Beer MOJITO, brewed by Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Evil Twin Brewing. Don't recall ever having a Mojito so what the hell, giving this a try. The aroma had a sour smell. The taste is just fuk'n disgusting, nasty sour like a rotten white wine nearing vinegar. Took two sips and dumped it down the drain.

IMG_2252.thumb.jpg.31fbd54438243ccce63a5dce82b8a54e.jpg

43 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

The Art of Mixing a Beer MOJITO, brewed by Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Evil Twin Brewing. Don't recall ever having a Mojito so what the hell, giving this a try. The aroma had a sour smell. The taste is just fuk'n disgusting, nasty sour like a rotten white wine nearing vinegar. Took two sips and dumped it down the drain.

IMG_2252.thumb.jpg.31fbd54438243ccce63a5dce82b8a54e.jpg

Some of theyre beers have been down right terrible....... 

That being said mojito beer also sounds terrible. 

I like mojitos drank the shit outta them in Mexico

Intergalactic Warrior IPA by Toppling Goliath Brewing of Dechora Iowa. Has a mild, sweet citrus aroma and looks thick like a hazy IPA. Maybe because I just tried a nasty sour beer but this one is delicious! Lots of citrus, ripe citrus and some pithy citrus. Also some has some tropical fruitiness, sweet and creamy. The description on the can touts a super bitterness but I don't get that, some  bitter yes but really just enough to balance the fruity sweetness. Has a nice thick mouthfeel and leaves that resiny hop texture behind. Definitely in my top five favorite TG beers. I gotta have the wife get some more of this in case it is gone when I get home!

IMG_2257.thumb.jpg.77c9a3b2012467a7749a820cdb73aebd.jpg

Columbian Necktie Gose soured on Mangoes with Lulo, Soursop, and Colombian lime zest Brewed by  Dorchester Brewing Boston Mass. For Nightmare Brewing and distributed by 12%. Has a slight sour aroma with some hop and malty notes. Has a lime zest sour taste up front with a real clean mango following, no hint of malt or hops. Has a fizzy feel in the mouth with minimal flavor lingering. Another sour I am not a fan of but this one at least has a fresh taste, didn't dump it out anyway.

IMG_2306.thumb.jpg.a12f5a090c1a141c409587c8f2c3d2ea.jpg