• Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, sketch said:

liked this after a hard days work! Its gangster status.. hahaha and I got a wad o cash!  pretty refreshing and slides down a dry throat to fast, but I said refreshing.. not fruity and no description on the can. 😈

20190725_173914.jpg

Sup yo

9A32BFDF-9D32-4622-AC81-46F66C7E9617.jpeg

14 hours ago, sketch said:

pretty refreshing and slides down a dry throat to fast, but I said refreshing.. not fruity and no description on the can

Grabbed me a six of those Jucifers, very tasty stuff. Probably best I don't have a stack like that, might cause a relapse back to the strippers and coke............:laffs:

Cold Roses, American Style Dry Hopped Kettle Sour by Single Speed Brewing of Waterloo Iowa. Has a floral like piss smell. Taste follows with a floral like in Febreze air freshener floral taste. Sour like a white wine that has went bad, vinegary nasty crap. Had the wife try, she said it smelled like piss and she was not putting it in her mouth. I couldn't get past three sips, figured that was an honest try and dumped the rest. Took a half glass of Pseudo Sue to get my palate back………

IMG_2023.thumb.jpg.f7d30e3433abc92e32555a1745afebfb.jpg

Push Pop Party Nitro by Left Hand Brewing Co. in Longmont Co. I would normally start with aroma but the opening of this beer is an event. It scared the schit out of me, large pop when I cracked it and then the sound of a mass of bubbles with loud hissing. I held it over the sink expecting an eruption but it didn't!?!? It boils with fine bubbles in the glass for a good while but the head doesn't rise much, you can still see the couple inches below the head fizzing in the picture. Aroma is similar to an orange push-pop, citrusy, with a hint of grapefruit rind. Flavor is like the name, push-pop orange, a little sweet with just a hint of malt. And a touch of Fanta. No real bitter at all, just a creamy push-pop. Feels real light, watery but super creamy. A very unique and unusual beer, gotta get a few more so I can watch people jump when they open them!

IMG_2026.thumb.jpg.9fcf59628d0de1d05cad989d6c681bc6.jpg

Sweet Jane Key Lime Milkshake Style NEIPA with Key Lime Puree and Vanilla. Brewed by Great South Bay Brewery in Bay Shore N.Y. for Fat Orange Cat, distributed by 12%. Has that citrusy hop aroma with a hint of key lime pie. Flavor starts with a bit of pucker, tart fresh lime at the start that rolls into that citrusy New England hazy flavor. The finish is all about key lime pie with that creamy meringue on top. Crazy how close to the real thing they can get a beer to taste but then still taste like beer, doesn't make sense but taste great, a sour I can handle!

IMG_2027.thumb.jpg.37b9d5db7805d16702697a648fda56dd.jpg

Grapefruit Bohemian Sour Ale with Grapefruit  by Exile Brewing in Des Moines, Iowa. Has that sour aroma but a little sweet, definitely smell grapefruit. Flavor is similar, good sour pucker up front followed by some sweet grapefruit. Not tasting any ale in here, just a tart fizzy drink. OK but wouldn't buy a six pack.

IMG_2054.thumb.jpg.ad7730fff17cd97e35714dce306a10f9.jpg

Edited by jtallen83

Supa Sumo DIPA in a can by Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Had this in a bottle last fall and it was great, this can did not disappoint! Has a citrusy pineapple aroma. Flavor just explodes, orange, pineapple, mango, all those tropical notes you expect with a DIPA loaded with fresh hops. Just the right amount of bitter to balance the fruity sweetness, even a hint toffee/caramel malt. This schit is ambrosia! If you look close you can see the plastic label is on a Golden Nugget can, sure hop they put out a fresh batch of nugget soon!

IMG_2058.thumb.jpg.9cb9d084df77e68739d6f9cd77d6ae8f.jpg

Edited by jtallen83
attempting to load a photo.......

I Don't Like Mondays NEIPA by Fat Orange Cat Brew Co. Stratford, CT. and distributed by 12%. Has a tropical fruit aroma with a bready, malty background. Flavor is  malt forward, a sweeter, light caramel like malt. The hops come in the middle with some tropical fruit notes and a touch of citrus. Only a mild bitter in the finish but it is combined with a real creamy finish, a little milkshake action. A very easy drinking beer, chugging material but 7.5% ABV so you'll know it if you do chug a few!

IMG_2063.thumb.jpg.baa59de6be84f198b2cf87e5802f82c9.jpg

Edited by jtallen83

Bedtime Stories Imperial Milk Stout brewed with graham crackers, marshmallow, vanilla, and chocolate. From  Abomination Brewing Co,  brewed and canned by Dorchester Brewing Co. Boston Mass. and distributed by 12%. I can smell the graham crackers and vanilla, also getting some light smoky aroma like you expect from a stout. Flavor is smoky malt from front to back, on top all the way through, there are hints of dark chocolate and graham cracker, a little creamy from the marshmallow I assume. Has a bitter finish, but does leave a vanilla flavor behind as well. Feels real watery in the mouth, expected a much thicker feel with the list of ingredients, a good summer chugging stout I guess. 

IMG_2069.thumb.jpg.9a149f155027ae0346439512771b0104.jpg

Edited by jtallen83

On 8/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, jtallen83 said:

I Don't Like Mondays NEIPA by Fat Orange Cat Brew Co. Stratford, CT. and distributed by 12%. Has a tropical fruit aroma with a bready, malty background. Flavor is  malt forward, a sweeter, light caramel like malt. The hops come in the middle with some tropical fruit notes and a touch of citrus. Only a mild bitter in the finish but it is combined with a real creamy finish, a little milkshake action. A very easy drinking beer, chugging material but 7.5% ABV so you'll know it if you do chug a few!

IMG_2063.thumb.jpg.baa59de6be84f198b2cf87e5802f82c9.jpg

I’m really liking their beers!!