• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Off the deep end.

This was passed on to me by a friend on Facebook. As I don’t know the poster I am making it anonymous. Sad if things have truly reached this point. With fluffs like this making decisions about who or who can’t buy a gun. Might be made up, for all I know, but then again, probably not.

”Here is my conservative rant for today! My lovely wife who is a law-abiding citizen and CPL holder was refused the sale of a shotgun at Walmart in Lapeer today. Her and I looked at a shotgun for home defense about a month ago and decided to wait to see if they went on sale and lo and behold they were on sale today. We decided to buy it and we're told only the display model was available but we are also offered an additional 10% off. I thought great! I don't care it's for home defense anyway. The sales person went to find a box and then returned and said she would not sell Rosie the gun because she did not feel comfortable. She said that she felt that we were doing a "straw" sale because I looked at the gun and racked it and look down the barrel in my wife just looked at it. She was afraid my wife was going to fill the paperwork out and then give it to me. I told her we were both CPL holders and even though we are not required to, we were willing to show them our licenses. we got the department manager and then the store manager involved and they all said there's nothing they can do once their sales person made that decision. The young liberal sales girl tried to tell me that I could not shoot that shotgun if my wife bought it and then if I bought it she couldn't shoot it either. I told her she was wrong and shotguns are quite often loan to Buddy's for hunting to try them out to see if they like them. And she said "not with today's laws they can't"I called b******* on that one and we stormed off out of the store. we stopped and talked to the state police about it we knew there was nothing they could do what we wanted their opinion and let's just say they were very shocked that we were refused the sale of a gun. This ain't over yet I'm calling the regional Walmart manager and I'm calling the NRA, which I am a life member of, and see if I can get some help to purchase a shotgun as a law-abiding citizen! WELCOME TO THE NEW LIBERAL GUN HATING AMERICA!”

sounds like my state ,  but i know for a fact in my possession and in my house/range/woods..  anyone is allowed use if i so choose. nfa items included.( with me there)  Todays laws can cause some problems if im not there, but my shits is locked up. self defense for the girls is knives i guess? and ankle bighters. 

There are some smoking walmart clearance shotguns floating around. Pardner pumps for $97 and 870s for $139. 

if you want to see if you have any cheap guns in your local wally world

Go to brickseek.com

For the 870 express..plug in the UPC 047700255873 and your zip code.

Edited by blue109

An FFL can refuse a sale for just about any reason, and the suspicion of a straw purchase is a really good reason. It's paramount, for an FFL, to be aware of that during the 4473 process. 

Now, with a husband and wife buying, at the counter - that's a really fucked up reason to try to call it a "straw purchase."  That's bullshiit. With the husband offering his information - that dipshiit sales dumbass could have easily ran his info through NICS, too. 

In AZ if you have a Concealed license/permit/credentials - you don't even get run through NICS.  They process your number, and you walk with it.  No NICS required.

That's a horseshiit Wal-Mart employee. 

Its true that they can refuse for a valid reason , like potential Straw purchase , but if the salesperson thought that the women was a Straw purchaser for the man & then the Man offered to use his credentials to purchase the Firearm , that pretty much cancels out any reason to void the purchase . They can no longer say their first denial of the purchase is valid . I would lawyer up , because they just discriminated against the women & then the man , thats if they want to go through all that crap , Shotguns are made every day & many other places to purchase them .

What I really think is , the last one available for sale in the store & they were saving it for someone in the store or for a friend .

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

What I really think is , the last one available for sale in the store & they were saving it for someone in the store or for a friend .

Think you nailed it. From the way management backed her up, probably the store manager.

Edited by Sisco

9 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Think you nailed it. From the way management backed her up, probably the store manager.

Agree. Ive been following some WM clearance threads and its pretty common. I found a smoking deal on some binos and the store showed 2 in stock. Girl at the counter insisted it was a mistake. Went as far as to fake asking someone to look in the back on her radio (yeah....I know that trick). I was going to go back the next day but the stock went to zero. Guess "someone" found them. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 7:56 PM, ARTrooper said:

sounds like a horrible salesman to me. lol. aren't they supposed to get as many sales as they can? I would rather buy from a small gun shop anyways. support the little guys!

I am starting to get this way. If they have what I want. There have been 3 go out of buisness around here. The owner of one of them told me he just risks too much by staying in buisness in Oregon. 

4 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Yeah I can see how it isn't worth being a little gun shop in Oregon. but often times if you want something specific, the little guys will get it for you. or you could just order it yourself to them a pay the FFL fee if they do that, that's mostly what I do these days.

Yep, I just call before Thursday if I want some specific firearm - he orders on Thursdays, and they overnight and arrive on Fridays.

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

The other thing is that the LGS owners are often really skilled shooters themselves. When it comes to advice and tips you just don’t get that from the big box stores.

Shoot with mine all the time.  Just lent him my 308 Reaction Rod yesterday, went to the bar/grill after he closed for some chow and beers.  I go over to his house routinely - maybe a Sunday night football game, or UFC fightnight, or just breakfast before we go shooting.  I work on his Yamaha in exchange for discounts at the shop...     It's a beautiful relationship...   :laffs::banana: