• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New man checking signing in.

Quinncannon

Hello, I'm new to this site, but not exactly new to .308 AR's in general. I've owned a few Armalite AR10's, both A and B models, still own a DPMS LAR308 Varmint, a DPMS GII Varmint and now a Varmint rifle I assembled on a Spikes Tactical Livewire upper/lower. I owned for a short while a Palmetto PA10, nice little rifle, but my brother wanted it for hunting, should do the job well for him! 

Even with that said, I certainly don't know everything about them, I still have a lot to learn about all of the different makes and characteristics of AR 308 rifles in general, thanks for allowing me to sign up here!

5 hours ago, Quinncannon said:

Hello, I'm new to this site, but not exactly new to .308 AR's in general. I've owned a few Armalite AR10's, both A and B models, still own a DPMS LAR308 Varmint, a DPMS GII Varmint and now a Varmint rifle I assembled on a Spikes Tactical Livewire upper/lower. I owned for a short while a Palmetto PA10, nice little rifle, but my brother wanted it for hunting, should do the job well for him! 

Even with that said, I certainly don't know everything about them, I still have a lot to learn about all of the different makes and characteristics of AR 308 rifles in general, thanks for allowing me to sign up here!

Thanks all! Here's some pics of my three 308 AR's. First is my GII DPMS Varmint, I usually sling up in prone and sitting with it. Second is the DPMS LAR308, next my Spikes Tactical.

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

The Spikes Tactical,  I assembled with a Criterion 1/10 stainless 24 inch barrel, Midwest Industries handguard, Spikes bolt carrier with Fulton bolt headspaced to the barrel, Geissele SSA-E trigger, Spikes small parts, DPMS A2 stock. Scope is an SWFA 3.5x15 SS with SWFA mount, Harris bipod. So far, have only fired 25 rounds through her as I just got it assembled. Has a 100 yard zero. Going to 500 yards tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, sketch said:

welcome bro did you find the 500? 

Yes, I dialed in my come ups for the ranges shot, so shooting on freshly painted steel targets, I  started at 300,  was right on the money! My spotter said the five round group was very nicely centered and elevation was good, so I went to 400, same result, looking good! Next went on to the 500, nicely centered and elevation was right there too! Also, only one miss out of fifty rounds, I called it.

After verifying my come ups, I just continued to shoot to check for any differences in my come ups because of the barrel heating up and for reliability, no disappointments yet! So far, 75 rounds through the rifle. If not rained out on Tuesday, will probably shoot another 100 rounds. 

Thanks for the welcome!