• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sandy hook BS!!

I can see a number of products that could be sued using this line of reasoning.  The article mentions knives and automobiles.  Then you have to consider pharmaceuticals (Rx and OTC) alcohol manufacturers, sporting equipment in certain situations, etc...  I'm sure there are others.

I don't think it will stand up to a challenge in front of the SCOTUS (I hope).

This was decided before, on October of 2016, in Connecticutt.  It was pretty well laid out in a 54-page decision.  It's gonna get overturned, and it looks like a politically motivated decision this time...

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/judge-tosses-sandy-hook-lawsuit-gun-maker

In 2005, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act was passed, asa United States Law - and is the result of the DC Sniper rampage that those two idiots did. Here's what it is:

"The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products. However, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S.-based manufacturer of consumer products is held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligent entrustment when they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime.

The PLCAA is codified at 15 U.S.C. §§ 7901-7903."

So, there's the law protecting the Arms Manufacturers.  Gonna be pretty hard to "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that Bushmaster/Remington, as a company, KNEW what that little fucker planned to do with that rifle - in the future, after the point of purchase...   This is gonna get squashed.

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Yep, that was the 2016 ruling, from a CT Superior Court Judge.  Now, there's this new ruling from the CT Supreme Court, over-ruling that one, allowing them to be sued.  That came down just a few days ago.  It won't stand up, it'll get tossed by the next higher court.

Which will push it to the US Supreme Court...

18 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Yep, that was the 2016 ruling, from a CT Superior Court Judge.  Now, there's this new ruling from the CT Supreme Court, over-ruling that one, allowing them to be sued.  That came down just a few days ago.  It won't stand up, it'll get tossed by the next higher court.

Which will push it to the US Supreme Court...

Oh shit that was on uncle teds facebook, I usually check dates for that reason 

8 minutes ago, shepp said:

Oh poop that was on uncle teds facebook, I usually check dates for that reason 

He probably posted it, just for the very reason that this has already been decided, with a 54-page decision that outlined all of it...  then it got political now, and the higher-than-Superior Court Judge, CT Supreme Court, made a NEW ruling that countered it.  But they don't have the backup.  They made it up.

Uncle Ted was right posting that - it's already been decided,with details. Now, we have a bullshiit ruling that counters that.

This will get squashed.  I don't know if the liberals realize that, obviously celebrating right now, thinking "they've won!..." - but they've just handed the perfect case to the US Supreme Court...  :thumbup: