• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spring Shoot 2019

98Z5V

55 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It is the same place.

I should have added some more words to that question. How far is that from the last fall shoot location? 

My mountain shooting is the other way around. I'm in the flat part; shooting at anything on the hill that isn't obscured by brush or trees.

Very much looking forward to seeing that green poop around here... @DNP

On 3/19/2019 at 12:53 AM, Lane said:

I should have added some more words to that question. How far is that from the last fall shoot location? 

That's approximately 3/4 of a mile from the long distance range and directly adjacent to and uphill from last falls shoot location. Same location effectively.

Edited by edgecrusher
Whaaaat?

The Long Distance side was excellent, and sucked at the same time. It was a very good day, overall, but we had hellish wind.  The only thing I took over there was the .260 Rem.

The brake on this gun is the VG6 6.5 Gamma.  That brake just plain works, and I could watch every impact (or miss) on all the shots, right through the scope.  It works very, very well.

I was the only one to poke the 500 yard target.  First round hit at 2 3/4 mil holdover (no dialing), saw what I got, and moved on.  I'll take this all day long.

P1060983.thumb.jpg.19f62ece58073f82486402b179a87493.jpg

There were several people shooting at the 842 this time - that's just where it ended up in the dirt, distance-wise, when we planted it on this one.  I crushed that thing right out of the gate, with 6.5 mils of drop.  Shocked the hell out of me.

P1060985.thumb.jpg.0e8455a4fabbaba8807afe46705549cb.jpg

There weren't alot of guys hitting the 1010 yard target, but I was getting that thing with 9.0 mils of dialing.  The hits were very impressive.  This was mostly .260 Rem and 6.5 Creedmoor contact, here, and there's not a bad shot on this target - and not every shot did hit the target, either.  It was a tough day on it.  There was anywhere between 1.5~2.5 mils of wind hold to hit this guy - it was changing all the time. That's a 10mph wind minimum, right there, at 1.7 mils, for this load.

P1060986.thumb.jpg.f39e7ced8f80352cfd4de1dc6d0b4dee.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Backdrop, backdrop, backdrop.  That's all I cn say on that one.  We've got it here, so I'm down with it. JBMatt will win, not matter what, and we already know what - especially shooting at an orange clay. He'll smoke it. Like, 10x better than any of us mortals can do it. 

The only issue I see here is with the 200 yard thing. Who it THAT GUY that's 150 yards downrange with the hand-tosser, hoping he can get it 50 yards?....    I'm not volunteering for that one... 

Forgot one thing about the SS'19 Shoot = JB Matt.  On Sunday, he went nuts on the .260.  I think he went through 4 x 20-rd mags.  He was literally putting a smilie face on the 300-yard target, after it got fresh paint - I WISH I had a picture of that, because it was a pretty good face, and it was damn funny watching him do it.  He had such a good time with that gun - that he has everything getting delivered for his own next week...   :lmao:  He's going 6.5 Creedmoor on his, because he has access to an abundance of 6.5C brass.  In the next 3 or 4 weeks, we'll get that thing out and shoot it at distance.  Might as well zero it, break in the barrel, and whack 1k all at the same time.   :thumbup:

I forgot to tell you guys on the Saturday when everyone else was shooting that 1000 yard target 🎯 . I was attempting to shoot a 1000 rounds of Pistol Ammo but only managed around 800 plus. I developed a blister on the knuckle of my thumb . Lol 😂 . But I did break in two new Guns !

6 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

That's a lot of rounds in a pistol in an afternoon, what caliber? if it's a 44 mag, I bow down to you.😂

6 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

That's a lot of rounds in a pistol in an afternoon, what caliber? if it's a 44 mag, I bow down to you.😂

4 Glock’s : 19 , 19 , 23 & 31

EAA Witness 10mm

SA SD40