• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

260 Remington prices

unforgiven

This is overdue. Waiting for another 70 sheets of rock for basement phase 2.

Wilson Combat tactical Hunter 20" coated Federal Brown. $317.96

ArmorAlly M5 receiver set with lower parts kit minus grip $243.25 , Aero Atlas s-one m-lok handguard black $168, 

Grab a gun 2.0 AAC breakout $90

ArmaLite rifle gas tube $14

Acme machine toolcraft nitride bolt carrier group $128.69, 308 low pro gas block $6.59 set screw type

LaRue c. a. n. mount 34 mm rings $139

ArmaLite 6 position receiver extension kit $60

K2 plus grip miscellaneous upper parts $50

LaRue MBT trigger $87 

Start to be determined. Extra cost DSG paint $50 bog death grip$200.

Bushnell elite hdmr 2 with h59 reticle $1, 299.00 and angle finder Horus $75.00.

Should be back from the Smith's next week.

Rifle came out to $1,227.49 w/ glass $2526.49. 

Edited by unforgiven

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

FYI scope has 100 moa / 29 mil elevation

60 moa / 12.5 mil windage

Sunshade 3" $31.00 Bushnell , there is absolutely no standard for sunshade per thread pitch.

With the internal elevation adjustment on that scope, you'll be very happy. That'll be about 14.5mils of up and 14.5 mils of down travel, once zero'd.  You can easily zero this at100 yards; no need for a weird-distance zero.  That LaRue LT-204 C.A.N. mount is flat, right?  It has no MOA cant built into it?  It won't matter with that scope's travel.  I ran the LT-158 on mine with 10 MOA built in, and I needed it based on internal travel.

You'll find that your final zero will be a little different, when you're looking at total turret travel, and it won't be 14.5 mils up and down exactly, but that's because of the scope centerline and barrel centerline (height over bore) coming in pretty close to 2.5".  You'll see that the total travel up and down will favor drop, for distance. 

On my hand-made brass and handloads, I'm pushing the Hornady 147 ELD-M at 2650fps with 43.0gr of RL-22 powder and CCI-200 primers.  Nothing wild about the load.  That keeps me supersonic to 1500 yards, and I'm 17.2 mils of drop at that distance.    With your scope, you can easily run the gun out to it's supersonic range and still work it - dial what you can, and the reticle will allow you to hold the rest, based on that reticle design.  Zero worries.  It's gonna work.  Once this beast is all together and broken in, I'll send you some of my ammo to try out. 

Nice! That scope weighs a bit but is more compact than most in the class, you will have options when it comes to holdover or dial in, makes quick follow up a breeze. Watch the clarity of the glass, buddy bought his second one and you could see a marked difference in clarity between them. The second was not bad just not near as crisp as his first. He contacted Bushnell and they exchanged it. Without that first one to compare he may have just settled for it.

56 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Nice! That scope weighs a bit but is more compact than most in the class, you will have options when it comes to holdover or dial in, makes quick follow up a breeze. Watch the clarity of the glass, buddy bought his second one and you could see a marked difference in clarity between them. The second was not bad just not near as crisp as his first. He contacted Bushnell and they exchanged it. Without that first one to compare he may have just settled for it.

Got nothing to compare to.

I've been a fan of the Horus reticle for a long time. I like it. PA has that type of reticle. That would have been my next choice. 5-25 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

You'll find that your final zero will be a little different, when you're looking at total turret travel, and it won't be 14.5 mils up and down exactly, but that's because of the scope centerline and barrel centerline (height over bore) coming in pretty close to 2.5".  You'll see that the total travel up and down will favor drop, for distance. 

On my hand-made brass and handloads, I'm pushing the Hornady 147 ELD-M at 2650fps with 43.0gr of RL-22 powder and CCI-200 primers.  Nothing wild about the load.  That keeps me supersonic to 1500 yards, and I'm 17.2 mils of drop at that distance.    With your scope, you can easily run the gun out to it's supersonic range and still work it - dial what you can, and the reticle will allow you to hold the rest, based on that reticle design.  Zero worries.  It's gonna work.  Once this beast is all together and broken in, I'll send you some of my ammo to try out. 

I'm hoping at some time to be banging steel by you brother 👍