• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield Armory Hellcat

ARTrooper

• 2 months later...

I chose it over the sig p365 for a few reasons.

1. The sights were easy to pick up for me. I am left eye dominate but right handed, so when shooting both eyes open, it is difficult for me to quickly align a standard 3 dot system. But the u-dot or whatever you call it with the U in the back and the green in the front was a lot easier on my eyes.

2. The mag release was much easier for my "burger king" hands to be able to reach and it seemed to shoot the mag out better than the 365. 

3. The trigger. While the 365 has a lighter trigger i believe with a shorter reset and arguably smoother, i just liked the hellcat's trigger better. It had more of a solid wall before before the break, making stacking the trigger a lot easier. Also everything seemed more audible and crisply seperated, such as the trigger reset. 

4. I prefered the feel of the hellcat over the 365 also. It was weighted and shaped differently. Though the hellcat is more boxy i think, which i usually dont like, it felt comfortable in my hands. This was the most minor difference that caused me to choose the hellcat as they both werent bad in the hand, just a little different.

I also compared many many other small pistols but the hellcat came out on top with the p365 in second for what i was looking for.

I did really like the feel of the p365xl version, but a little larger than what i wanted for a secondary while on duty.

Also i tried the p365sas. I saw a youtube video on that holigraphic sight thing that is on it about the sun washing it out if the sun is behind you. While it was easy to pick up and align the sight, sure enough, even with overhead fluorescent light, the sight with get washed out and difficult to see if i put the light directly to the rear of the sight. Even with the lighting at a distance of 20 feet away.

58 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I chose it over the sig p365 for a few reasons.

1. The sights were easy to pick up for me. I am left eye dominate but right handed, so when shooting both eyes open, it is difficult for me to quickly align a standard 3 dot system. But the u-dot or whatever you call it with the U in the back and the green in the front was a lot easier on my eyes.

I have a plan for you that will change your fundamental shooting practices.  You just need to get down here for a shoot. I'm launching it live at Spring Shoot this year, but I debuted it on @Matt.Cross at the last Fall Shoot - at 3am, one of those nights during the shoot.

I can change your pistol shooting style, and you're my perfect candidate.  I kid you not.

3 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Was that before or after someone adjusted the gravity settings ?:laffs:

It was actually the Fall Shoot before last, and the gravity issue wasn't the prevailing problem, but rather how to explain to a slightly tipsy Tom-ass that 3am might not be the ideal time of night to teach the east coast redneck how to shoot like John Wick.

41 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

It was actually the Fall Shoot before last, and the gravity issue wasn't the prevailing problem, but rather how to explain to a slightly tipsy Tom-ass that 3am might not be the ideal time of night to teach the east coast redneck how to shoot like John Wick.

But I pulled it off...  That was the basics, brother.  It goes WAY more into detail at SS20.   There's some real psychology involved in it, and real "mechanical manipulation." SS20 pistol classes gonna get real.  It'll change what you think you know, pistoleers. I've got some bitchin' drills and  training lined up, and I hope like hell that @blue109 can bring his buddy up here for it - that guy is a different aspect completely, and totally new ideas and methods...  It'll be a dumpster-fire waiting to happen...  :thumbup::banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

But I pulled it off...  That was the basics, brother.  It goes WAY more into detail at SS20.   There's some real psychology involved in it, and real "mechanical manipulation." SS20 pistol classes gonna get real.  It'll change what you think you know, pistoleers. I've got some bitchin' drills and  training lined up, and I hope like hell that @blue109 can bring his buddy up here for it - that guy is a different aspect completely, and totally new ideas and methods...  It'll be a dumpster-fire waiting to happen...  :thumbup::banana:

I'm pumped about it brother, I haven't forgotten what you showed me. Good times bro!

On 3/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, ARTrooper said:

So i did a thing. Fell in love with it at the gun store. But have not gotten the chance to run rounds through it yet.

Hey brother - did you do this version of it, through SA LEO sales?  Looks alot like the Glock Blue Label program.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/law-enforcement/

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, ARTrooper said:

So i did a thing. Fell in love with it at the gun store. But have not gotten the chance to run rounds through it yet.

20200304_193624.thumb.jpg.aea66e0b881489c50fc817e693ec39bf.jpg

Welp I guess I need to read more, I was gonna say “didnt you shoot my XDs 45 last summer?” But hell you got a new pistola