• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield Armory Hellcat

ARTrooper

So hopefully i will be getting a new conceal carry pistol the beginning of the new year that will double as a secondary in an ankle holster for when i am on duty. 

I have not gotten any experience with the Hellcat, so would just like to hear what you guys' thoughts are on it. 

I know there is some political stuff involving springfield which some gun owners have boycotted them for, but i havent the foggyiest what that is all about.

@sagebrush thanks, the p365 is def a contender.

@Sharpshooter i like how the xd-s feels and came close to buying it last month but didnt have the money. Whatever i buy will be in 9mm though because thats mostly what i shoot and my agency is going from .40 to 9mm next year. Also this will be carried on duty in an ankle holster and say i needed to grab it in a scuffle, i might not have the best grip or shooting position, which is another reason to have the lighter recoiling 9mm. Plus the added rounds in the mag would be nice.

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

The Hellcat with the red dot looked interesting.

I thought about the red dot one. I have never shot a red dot but would like to. I am not sure i would want one for this purchase due to carrying it often on my ankle. Plus i dont want something i have to turn on if i am in a last ditch scenario. For my primary sidearm, i would love a red dot though.

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

Not to complicate the issue...

Really look at this pic brother.  Seriously.  Look at the size of the hams that are your forearms.  Look at the torso. We've already seen you ECLIPSE an FNX-45 in your paw, and it looks like a micro gun on normal-man hands...

You're a Goliath.  You're not normal, brother.  You can say what you want, but just the shadow from your backside could eclispe a small crowd...  

Take no offense to that - when it comes down to it, I just want to paint you in violent colors, point you towards the enemy, and just unleash you...   :hail::laffs:

25 minutes ago, DNP said:

Why are all his guns soo small?

He's just not anywhere close to "normal-sized" like most of us.  He's literally, a FUCKING GIANT.  He'll back-talk that, and try to downplay it, in a way, try to mitigate his own fucking giant size...

But we're not buying it.  The pictures he's posted over the years make sense now.   He's BIGGER than normal.  Like, WAY BIGGER.

FNX-45 in his hand looked like a Walther 22 in mine.  We just need to get down on all this, and call it what it is...

@Sisco is pretty much Shrek.  It's that simple. 

And I though Larry was a big motherfucker...  which he is, have no doubt...  Larry is not normal. He's WAY BIGGER than normal...  Al isn't even on the same plane.  He has to be part kryptonite.  Or part dinosaur.  Something really, really fucking BIG...

I feel like less of a man for posting this...  about these huge fuckers...  :thefinger: 

6 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I am glad you guys chimed in, because i was going to comment on sisco's size and how he he could conceal carry a barrett .50 😂

@Sisco and i looked at the m&p subcompact 9, i dont really care for it. Smith and wesson has never been my cup of tea. 

Ok, well an XD is a damn fine pistol, and Trooper has met me, he knows I am not that big. I am guessing Larry is way taller then me. I am big around. You want to see big, you should see my wife’s nephew visiting me. An “8 and 1/4” hat size, and 5 inches taller then me. He was 13 pounds at birth. That is called naturally big!

Edited by Sisco

On 12/4/2019 at 10:09 PM, ARTrooper said:

Basically i am looking at the hellcat, the sig 365, and springfield's xds mod2 in 9mm. Nothing else has really stuck out ton me as a contender for what i plan to use it for. (Desclaimer: i hate glocks and thats why the glock 43 isnt on my mind)

Looked at s Taurus G3.... Yeah it's like a G17 , but it's got a good grip !

13 hours ago, DNP said:

Cats, bro crushes....have you checked your estrogen level?  I’m thinking you’ve been smearing too much vagisil on the wounds. 

Everytime I hurt and Motrin won't make it go away, I eat an Extra Strength Midol. Seriously. 

If it will crush a woman's menstrual cramp pains, it'll damn sure fix what men bitch about...   :thumbup::banana:

On 12/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, Sisco said:

Ok, well an XD is a damn fine pistol, and Trooper has met me, he knows I am not that big. I am guessing Larry is way taller then me. I am big around. You want to see big, you should see my wife’s nephew visiting me. An “8 and 1/4” hat size, and 5 inches taller then me. He was 13 pounds at birth. That is called naturally big!

Yeah you are right, but you still dwarf me. Haha.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Looked at s Taurus G3.... Yeah it's like a G17 , but it's got a good grip !

Little bit bigger than what i want. 

@jtallen83 and @sketch thanks for the videos. Seems i just need to find a gun shop or range where i can hold them side by side and see which one feels better for me

37 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hey, 98, I wanted to quote you but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry, brother. You deserve the kudos!

Ah, you got it in there, brother, and that's what's important - Army-wise, I had a 12-mile roadmarch "technique" that always worked.  Timed 12-mile roadmarches with a FAT ruck were a common thing, and they always sucked.  You just had to figure out a way to make it suck LESS.  King-Sized Snickers, Budweiser (back in the day) and Extra Strength Midol.  Oh, Sony Walkman with some AC/DC, too. The "technique" that worked for me was JAMMIN'!!!  Sony Walkman in an ammo pouch, turned up to 11...  Mile 4, eat an Extra Strength Midol (keeps swelling down, in your extremities - hands and feet - they swell, in a timed roadmarch, pushing yourself - it's a blood-flow thing, and Midol helps, shiit you not.  Mile 6- pull a Bud from another ammo pouch and slam it.  Mile 8- kill that King Sized Snickers, and eat another Bigass Midol...  Mile 10 - kill another Bud.  Mile 12 ends it all, before you ever realized it was the end.  AC/DC is still maxed out...  record times, on alot of roadmarches.  Most of the time, I'd run/jog the whole thing, and people thought I was nuts...   Be the machine...  Once you're in their head, you can't lose, and you can't fail.  You only defeat them...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V