• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So, work today... Funny things...

98Z5V

So, I get this call today at work.  I worked on this guy's rig before, told him all about it.  I get alot of Border Patrol work - official rigs, work rigs.  I also get Border guys that have their own rigs, and ramp those things up as well.  This falls into the latter category - it was a personal rig that I'd worked on.  He just had clutching questions, pulled parts out himself, and asked if I'd look at them and tell him if there were issues with the parts.  "Sure, man!  Bring those things down here, and I'll look at them..." He wanted to do work on his own, and learn about the rig he has.  No issues, bring 'em.  :thumbup:

So, he shows up with his wife - and she's cool as hell, from prior visits, by the way - badass couple, cool as hell.  We walk out back to look at parts, and his wife says, "Do you build any guns?..."  Hmmm...  off-the-wall question, but I'll answer...  "Why YES I DO!..."  She laughs...  She says, You know a Larry Sradxxxxx in New Mexico?...   Fuk me, threw me off-guard...  "Uh, YEAH I do, he's one of my best friends!"  Her answer was, "He's my dad..."

You could'a done this to me, right then...   :bitchslap:

My only response was, "Are you FUCKING SERIOUS?!!?"   :lmao:

I IMMEDIATELY hugged her whilst yelling "WE'RE FAMILY NOW!!!"   No, it wasn't Pants-Down Hug, you fucking perverts...  This is FAMILY, you fuckheads.  

So, this couple has been in for work a few times, and once it was a LOOOONG shop trip, waiting on parts.  I felt bad about what they had to go through, parts-wise, and I threw away a bunch of labor from their bill that time.  It was the only right thing to do. 

So, today, @392heminut's daughter comes back to the shop...   and her awesome husband...  And they'll never have a bill from me, ever.  Never ever.  I talked to them for probably 1/2 hour - when I was supposed to be working...  :banana:...  

I called him, too, right then, in the parking lot, with them there.  "Hey Larry, how you doing?  I'm just at work right there, and YOUR DAUGHTER is on front of me right now...  "   Only thing Larry says is "Put her on the phone!"   :laffs:

I told them that I'll work on that rig ANYTIME, zero worries, forever.  They offered to pay me for any time that I might invest in it, and I flatly refused that, right away.  No way.  No way will you ever pay me for working on that thing, ever.  Not gonna happen.  I told her there's no way in HELL that I'd ever take payment from Larry for ever painting a gun, so there never any other way that I'd ever take a payment from them to work on their rig... 

Turns out, I've been to their house a couple times already - to visit Larry, and his Fam.  I just didn't know that Alex and Tandy were his Fam, too!  Fucking BLEW ME AWAY TODAY!!!   I only knew them as "customers" at the shop - had ZERO IDEA that they were Larry-Clan!!!  

They're gonna pay for no-labor, forever, for as long as I live.  Parts at cost +10%, they know where to get the parts.  This is friend-poop right here, forever.  My time is my dime, for friends, there's no other way, because I won't do it.

You were holding out on me, @392heminut  - that was a fucking ambush, brother.  You should'a told me about them before, and they wouldn't have spent the money that they did...   :thumbup:

Kudos to your daugher - she's the one that put it all together, too.  She remembered you saying that you had to "go meet Tom" while you were visiting them, talking about "Tom" doing the paint on your guns...   and they guy that does the work to their rig is "Tom."  She NAILED THAT.  I'ma a little scared of "women's intuition," and all that witchcraft, but it worked out this time, brother...   :banana::thumbup::laffs:

Man, they were already GREAT PEOPLE before the connection was made - they're just a great couple/awesome people. Now I know it's in their bloodlines...  Makes sense now, AS TO WHY...     I thought they were awesome BEFORE, but now I know that it goes even deeper...  :thumbup:

It was funny talking about Larry's other kids with them today - with his daughter. The "other brothers"...   :laffs:  Talked about Josh, Jesse, all of them...   Got to see a pic of Jesse's 3rd place in the National competition recently.  Just fucking AWESOME!... 

It's all Larry's fault...  All on him, here... @392heminut     Never, ever, should he have introduced me to his clan...  :banana:

Now, I probably have to buy Christmas presents...   Fuk me...   :bitchslap::laffs:

At least I have a year to save up, and get some DEVIOUS SHIIT for those twin Grand-boys...  I'll fuk both Larry and his son with the shiit I can dream up in a year. 

I think they need to learn about fire-starting - like Boy Scout kinda shiit.  But with flame-throwers...   :fullauto::lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

Oh shiit! Those twins get into enough pickles without Tom's help! Their 2 years older brother can be an instigator all on his own. I might need to move up my time schedule to get moved over to Arizona to act as a buffer between those boys and Tom! Oh shiit!:laffs:

Don't worry about Christmas presents brother. We adults (I use that term loosely) in the family don't really do gifts, it's all about the kids and when they turn 18 they're adults! My daughter only has one kid at home now and he's already 16!

This is the son he's talking about taking 3rd in National competition, he's in his early 40's;

jesse.thumb.jpg.f4dafa2c388ca2189bd6fa2c4a561bb0.jpg

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

Oh shiit! Those twins get into enough pickles without Tom's help! Their 2 years older brother can be an instigator all on his own. I might need to move up my time schedule to get moved over to Arizona to act as a buffer between those boys and Tom! Oh shiit!:laffs:

Don't worry about Christmas presents brother. We adults (I use that term loosely) in the family don't really do gifts, it's all about the kids and when they turn 18 they're adults! My daughter only has one kid at home now and he's already 16!

This is the son he's talking about taking 3rd in National competition, he's in his early 40's;

jesse.thumb.jpg.f4dafa2c388ca2189bd6fa2c4a561bb0.jpg

I used to look like that once then I got sick , still not doing well :lmao: