• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Talk Me Out Of A Tavor 7...

COBrien

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Never heard of it. If you don't mind me asking, what is it?

Your finger locks up like you've pulled the trigger, usually it locks up while you sleep. The problem is then trying to straighten the finger. Mild case there is a 'pop' and sharp pain.

This is my second one, first one finally locked up so bad I had to go to emergency to unlock it. Treatment is an outpatient surgery.

Trigger finger occurs when the affected finger's tendon sheath becomes irritated and inflamed. This interferes with the normal gliding motion of the tendon through the sheath.

Prolonged irritation of the tendon sheath can produce scarring, thickening and the formation of bumps  in the tendon that impede the tendon's motion

2 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Dang!! Thats gotta suck! 

That's funny coming from the guy that  had surgery for torn rotator cuff,  torn tendons from front deltoid to bicep belly, torn tendons from shoulder to pec,  & torn tendons from elbow to bicep, at least I can still go shooting.

As long as I splint it before bed and I'm careful during the day with the finger it's not bad,but thanks to covid I'm on a waiting list for surgery.

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

The guy loaded up on Percocet & Blackberry Whiskey? 🤣

Nope, lets get it straight - it's Salted Caramel Whisky...   :bitchslap::laffs:

b602632b-d163-49a8-b3a9-c91ab227897c_3.2

He better not drink the stash, before the Fall Shoot...   :bat:

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, Lonewolf McQuade said:

That's good shtt too!! Unfortunately,  I'm out of that, only left with my Bird Dog Blackberry & Carmel Vodka till I can drive again...

Whoa!  Backstory on this?  You lose a license, brother?... 

10 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

No no! Had surgery today on rotator cuff,bicep torn tendons etc

AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhh....   it all comes back to me now, and I connect the dots...   :laffs:

JF89 would have a field day with this stuff...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

21 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

The guy loaded up on Percocet & Blackberry Whiskey? 🤣

I think I'll get your pharmacist to write my next prescription.

19 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Nope, lets get it straight - it's Salted Caramel Whisky...   :bitchslap::laffs:

b602632b-d163-49a8-b3a9-c91ab227897c_3.2

He better not drink the stash, before the Fall Shoot...   :bat:

Might go out and see if I can track down a few more bottles,plus trying to have a friend come along for the ride and also increase the amount that I can bring in duty free 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Just can't shoot it quite yet..

20200707_170808.jpg

Very nice! I wish mine would have come with the 20-round PMAG like it was supposed to, instead of the 10-rounder. But no big deal -- I've got a handful lying around, and the 10-rounders are nice for shooting .308 ARs off the bench.

I've already swapped out the butt plate for the Manticore Arms curved buttpad. Much, much nicer to shoulder, and it stays put.

I also sprung for a set of IDF grip panels in black. Feels great!

Now if I can just snag an ODG pistol grip, I'll be all set. My middle finger tends to slide up behind the trigger with the cutlass grip module, and it drives me nuts.

1 hour ago, COBrien said:

Very nice! I wish mine would have come with the 20-round PMAG like it was supposed to, instead of the 10-rounder. But no big deal -- I've got a handful lying around, and the 10-rounders are nice for shooting .308 ARs off the bench.

I've already swapped out the butt plate for the Manticore Arms curved buttpad. Much, much nicer to shoulder, and it stays put.

I also sprung for a set of IDF grip panels in black. Feels great!

Now if I can just snag an ODG pistol grip, I'll be all set. My middle finger tends to slide up behind the trigger with the cutlass grip module, and it drives me nuts.

I was curious about the manticore curved butt pad. I'm gonna have to get 1. Stupid IWI didn't put a recoil pad on it like my original Tavor 5.56 has.

5 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I was curious about the manticore curved butt pad. I'm gonna have to get 1. Stupid IWI didn't put a recoil pad on it like my original Tavor 5.56 has.

Truth be told, the recoil really isn't bad.

My biggest issue was the OEM buttplate wanting to slide around on my shoulder. Maybe I wasn't holding it right (I'm not a Tier 1 operator, just an old country boy who learned to shoot with a Mossberg 183...), but the Manticore buttpad sure helped me.

12 minutes ago, COBrien said:

Truth be told, the recoil really isn't bad.

My biggest issue was the OEM buttplate wanting to slide around on my shoulder. Maybe I wasn't holding it right (I'm not a Tier 1 operator, just an old country boy who learned to shoot with a Mossberg 183...), but the Manticore buttpad sure helped me.

The point of the curved plate doesn't catch or snag when attempting to shoulder the weapon?

30 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

The point of the curved plate doesn't catch or snag when attempting to shoulder the weapon?

It hasn't for me. Granted, the only time I've spent with it was on the range.

Hog hunting, however, may shed light on some shortcomings.

• 1 year later...