• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Talk Me Out Of A Tavor 7...

COBrien

I know this isn't the place to ask guys to talk me out of spending money, but...

I've been enamored with the Tavor since it made it stateside in 2013. I have a couple of buddies who jumped on the SAR early on.

One loves his so much he promptly purchased a 9mm version as soon as it was available. At the same time (and unbeknownst to each other...), his wife purchased a 9mm conversion kit for his 5.56 SAR. So he's got every iteration of the SAR covered.

My other buddy had "lots of reliability problems" with his SAR, though he never would be specific. And he's now sold that rifle and dove head-first into PRS and precision bolt guns. His opinion of all "gas guns" is negative -- he turned his nose up at a LaRue that came through his store. So he's no help -- he hates any autoloader...

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a Tavor 7, and I can't seem to shake it. I know it's "Mini-14" accurate. It'll never be a precision rifle. But I think it'd still be a hell of a lot of fun, especially with a can on.

Anybody wanna talk me out of this?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

https://gunstuff.tv/product/iwi-us-tavor-7-308-win7-62-nato-16-50-201-flat-dark-earth-fixed-bullpup-stock/

Out of stock, but I'd gladly pay that price for it.

I'm gonna see if my local pusher can get me one -- in FDE -- and put it on layaway with him. It'll rest in his safe, right next to my 30SD... 😑

55 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Why should I waste my breath when you know your going to get it anyway?:soap:

I did just say "I'm gonna see..." 😂

From what I can tell, they appear to be out-of-stock everywhere. So it'll be awhile before I can get my hands on one -- there's still time to talk me out of it!

2 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Nope, ain't doin it. go for it.  I started to buy one when they first came out, but decided to wait til they came down in price. but they have held steady on price.

Right? I found one on GunBroker. One.

It was listed above MSRP...😳

I’ve been waiting to see if accuracy reports improve. Not that I’m thumbing my nose at a 2 MOA bullpup, but...

Edited by COBrien

Alright, so...

Local pusher says Tavor 7s are allocated through all his distributors. All are awaiting a new shipment, apparently. He's gotten himself on the list at all the distributors -- first one that shows up will have my name on it.

I should probably talk to SWMBO about this. Right?

11 hours ago, COBrien said:

I should probably talk to SWMBO about this. Right?

Delicate subject, so we need to work on how to pull this off.  I think we did this one other time.  She won't know what happened, by the end of the conversation, when she agrees that you NEED this...   Let's work on it, practice it...   The we fly it...   :thumbup::laffs:

I did ask my dealer about pricing. Looks like I'm gonna be in the $1,800 range. "Frequent flyer," "We grew up together," and "Mutual back-scratching" discounts applied, of course...

I'm willing to wait for a $300-400 difference in price. 😉

Edited by COBrien

12 hours ago, COBrien said:

🤣🤣🤣

Sure, "safety."

Hey, we're here for you,doesn't matter the circumstance that you find yourself in.  :laffs:

I make road-trips with bail money.  I might be late for the decision-making sometimes, but I'll still get your ass out...  :lmao:

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Hey, we're here for you,doesn't matter the circumstance that you find yourself in.  :laffs:

I make road-trips with bail money.  I might be late for the decision-making sometimes, but I'll still get your ass out...  :lmao:

Do you travel with money for medical bills? Because Momma may shoot my sorry ass when she discovers a Hebrew Sledgehammer in the gun safe!

13 hours ago, COBrien said:

Do you travel with money for medical bills? Because Momma may shoot my sorry ass when she discovers a Hebrew Sledgehammer in the gun safe!

I travel with med bags, and I can keep you alive long enough to get you into the hands of EMS...   :thumbup::laffs:

• 3 weeks later...

So I signed up for a Stock Watch notification at Davidson's for a Tavor 7 in FDE about a month ago.

Just checked my junk mail yesterday, and they sent me an e-mail on March 5 saying they had some in stock.

Texted my gun pusher this afternoon to ask if he'd heard anything -- his response? "Yeah, they had a few show up at Davidson's 2 weeks ago and they were allocated in under 10 minutes. Haven't heard anything from RSR or Sports South. They're all sold out of semi-auto rifles!"

Gotdam CoronaVirus...

• 1 month later...

Friday morning, as I was mentally preparing myself for my vasectomy (at 12:30 that afternoon), I got a text from my pusher. Sports South had one Tavor 7 in FDE, and he wanted to know if I wanted it. So.....

It should be here in the next day or so.